We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
129 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

Can anyone recommend a good courier for a day trip to Ronda?

I see there are a few that offer these trips, both by coach or private car. Prices for coach trips seem to vary between €45 to €65pp or €210-€220 for private car. As there will be three of us, at €65 pp it will probably be as cheap for us to to go for the private car option.

Scotland
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

My husband and I did a day trip from Nerja to Ronda in January by public transport.

We got a bus from Nerja to Malaga and then the train from Malaga to Ronda. We returned from Ronda to Malaga by bus and then bus back to Nerja.

The train journey to Ronda was beautiful and the bus journey back was interesting too. The train leaves Malaga at 10.05am and arrives in Ronda at 11.52. The return train leaves Ronda at 16.55. The bus between Malaga and Ronda is more frequent.

I can't remember the exact fare but it is certainly cheaper than an organised excursion and quite easy to do as the train station in Malaga is next to the bus station.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,518 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

You could hire a small car for a week for the amount the private car tour would cost!

It is quite a long way to Ronda from Nerja (2.5 hours straight driving) but you could get the bus into Malaga in the early morning and get the train to Ronda at around 10am and then get the train back around 4.30pm and the bus to Nerja which would be cheaper, but it would be quite a tiring day for travelling.

Although out of date, the times and prices on the attached link are about the same now:

nerjatoday.com/things-to-do-outside-nerja/…

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

Good advice from curlytom and Ceejayblue. It's a long way for a day trip - think about staying over in the parador which has a stunning location overlooking the gorge. Or why not visit somewhere closer like Alhama de Granada which also has a gorge, and is not overrun with tourists like Ronda.

Scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

I visited Ronda over New Year while staying in Marbella so was only about an hours drive then. I would love to go back though and have thought about a day trip from Nerja when I'm out there in June or September, I would drive to Malaga then take train to Ronda, get to enjoy the scenery then!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

I am hoping to do a day trip to Ronda when in Nerja in Oct. Hoping to leave Nerja at 9am get to Ronda around 11am and spend 3 to 4 hrs there and get back to Nerja late afternoon. I will be with my wife and two young kids so its quite a long journey for them but hopefully they will sleep on the way back. Ronda looks too good to miss.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

For anyone wanting to see a good Gorge - but a quicker journey than to Ronda and without the crowds - Alhama de Granada is well worth a visit. The gorge is behind the Church and views are stunning. About a 90 minutes drive from Nerja.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

google maps is showing Nerja to Ronda as 98 miles and 1hr 54mins drive.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
129 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

Thank you for the suggestion.

I must admit, I hadn't actually looked at Ronda on a map, & didn't realise it was so far away Alhamar de Granada definitely looks more do-able.

Can you get there on public transport?

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

Not possible by public transport from Nerja I'm afraid. The Granada bus from Torre del Mar takes you there - a long journey but lovely scenery.

UK
Level Contributor
826 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip from Nerja to Ronda

See P22 on the main Nerja forum page for day trip to the Alhambra.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations