We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything for kids in Nerja

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Anything for kids in Nerja

Hi guys,

Been looking at different places to take my wife and daughter for a last min deal and have saw a good deal in Nerja.

Has anyone stayed in the Nerja Club Hotel?

Is there much for kids in Nerja as my daughter is 7yrs old?

I have been to Nerja once but I was staying elsewhere and it was only for half a day.

Would it take long to visit other busier resorts by bus?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

J

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

I've stayed at the Nerja Club many times and it is great. Many of the rooms and all the sun terrace have recently been refurbished and there is a spa and small gym, inside the hotel. Some people have said that the food is only OK, but I never had problems, never went hungry - and the chef once actually got me something, from the kitchen, that wasn't available on the desserts section!

It is a little way out of town - and there isn't much for the 7 year old to do - other than being in the pool. Nerja, generally, doesn't have a million things for young ones, obviously apart from the Balcon, multiple beaches, play areas, the caves, pretty squares with fountains and fabulous ice cream !!

Buses are easy to use and plentiful. It isn't far to Torrox, Maro, Almunecar or the lovely village of Frigiliana. There are markets a plenty and an interesting castle to visit, in Almunecar.

Kristiansand, Norway
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

... and the Donkeys. Charming place to take Children ... we read on Tripadvisor.

Nerja, Spain
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

You can take a look at this page http://www.explorenerja.com/things_to_do.htm which has a rundown of things to do in and around the town, some of which will be ok for kids. The Kayaking from Burriana beach is always popular but you’ll have to check if the company has started its summer season. You can also go snorkeling with a local diving company that you can find on Burriana beach or try http://www.nerjaquadtours.co.uk/ who have a variety of activities youngsters might enjoy.

4. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 14:05
Nerja, Spain
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

I would agree that snorkeling along Burriana beach isn't exactly the greatest idea but if you go along the coast to the protected natural park there are some great places with clear water and lots of fish and crabs to see. You'll need a local guide to show you the best spots though.

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

Post #4 by me has been removed - surprise!

"This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed"

Why is it that when I suggested the OP, who has a 7 year old child, should not consider snorkeling at Burriana Beach because the sea water may contain sewage, the Nerja contingent decide to do the usual and click their buttons. Luckily, there enough of us to send pm's to unsuspecting people, who are always grateful for knowing the truth! I DO NOT put down Nerja, I just point in the direction of the question "is it safe to swim in the sea". I presume whoever reports the posts, do not have young children????!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

Up to the same old tricks by the looks of it - I thought we were over that nonsense.

As Al has said, if you're not aware then Nerja does have a sewage issue with it being pumped into the sea. They have started work on the sewage plant thankfully but it's going to take time.

The Top Question provides the information that is "relevant" to anyone considering a holiday in Nerja where beach time/sea activities are to be contemplated.

If these get removed then the OP can expect a PM with the same information, it's only fair that we do our jobs and that's advise according to their initial remit - otherwise what's the point in these forums existing?

8. Re: Anything for kids in Nerja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nerja