We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

I went to beautiful Nerja last year for a friends birthday and fell in love with the place. I came home and told my friends all about it and three of my friends and myself are going back next weekend to celebrate my 40th! Woo hoo!

However I am now beginning to panic a little that they won't love it as much as me!

I have described the area and the tapas to them and on my recommendation they wanted to go. Last year I was only there a day and visited a couple of tapas bars, the "round" bar and la pugilla I think they were called. We then dined at restaurant 34 which was amazing.

This time we are staying at the "Hotel Balcon De Europa" because of its fabulous location for two nights. The first night we are hoping to do a "Taoas crawl" and am looking for your recommends please! Don't want to waste time in the wrong area.....

The second night we are eating at restaurant 34, hoping for long sunny days relaxing on the beach.

I have read most of the restaurant reviews on here but am looking for some first hand recent great tapas venues please, don't want the girls I am going with to be dissapointed!

Anywhere for a great cocktail too please?

Many many thanks from a slightly worried holiday booker for friends!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

Hi there

Have you read this existing thread? tripadvisor.co.uk/…58681747

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

Ooh very interesting! Thanks

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

You're welcome, lots of great info in there, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it :)

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
441 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

If you are staying near the balcon you could do worse than the tapas in Julio's in Calle Cristo. Muchos turistas in this area, but go through into the bar from the street and have a look at the tapas on offer. It is a different world. Ask for a drink and point to what you fancy - plenty of choice. You need to sit at the bar or one of the taburetes (bar stools) near the bar.

A rule of thumb is that if there is a glass full of forks and a box of serviettes on the table, then that's where you sit for some tapas from the bar. If there is a table with a tablecloth then it's probably where you sit for a meal from the menu.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

Don't plan a thing!!

Just wander... and include ALL the back streets and alleyways. From the Balcon to the Bus Station, along "The top road"... and everywhere in between!

Nowhere is unsafe, imo, even for 4 preeety ladeeez like yourselves. Some places are busy, some quiet, obviously dependant on times of day etc. And despite a few looking a little dark and gloomy from the outside, they are all spotlessly clean, and all extremely welcoming. The food is, more often than not, fantastic... and at worst, it's "more than good enough". And it'll cost you "pennies"!

Give it an hour... and you'll suddenly realise you are having the time of your lives!

We must have been in a couple of dozen different Tapas bars now, and I couldn't tell you the names of any... but I could take you to them! :-)

We need to concentrate more on the West side of town next time, as I hear it's also good over there... It's just that by the time we get anywhere near there, we are ready for a kip!! LOL!

I wouldn't say "avoid the tourist traps" because they are just as much fun... just be prepared to pay nigh on twice as many "pennies" as you will in the more "local" bars, around the back streets.

Wish we'd done it years ago!

Enjoy! :-)

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

Thanks so much, fabulous replies!

Think I'm just going to go with the flow and explore!

7. Re: Top tapas recommendations ..... The pressures on!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:16