We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
118 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets

Can anyone advise me on supermarkets close to the Burriana area?

We will be staying towards the bottom of Calle Velez Malaga, & one of the first things we will need to do, when we arrive, is get a bit of shopping in.

As we will be on foot, the nearer the better!

From what I have been able to find out, the nearest is Whim? by the Burriana seafront, which will probably do for the odd bits & pieces, but I believe it is a bit expensive.

Then I think it is a choice between the new Mercadona by Club Nerja, or Coviran, which I think is near the Parador.

Any recommendations?

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets

I think your nearest as you suggest is the new Mercadona, there is also a Supersol there. Coviron is ok but obviously much smaller than the big two. I would only use Whim in a dire emerency, they charge top dollar.

If you are so inclined, you can order online from Mercadona for a home delivery.

Have fun.

Leeds
Level Contributor
251 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets

We're in Nerja in September and I've joined mercadona.es to order from online shopping !!

(webiste also translates to English !)

I've already got a list which I'm adding to when I think of bits we might need. Think it's 7.50 ish euros for delivery. Well worth it as there's 4 of us with no car !

We arrive on Sunday ( no deliveries that day ) so will get our shopping early Monday morning.

I do love looking around the supermarkets and buying bits to try but for the basics online shopping is for me !! We're also experimenting with the 10 kilo luggage allowance therefore toiletries will be delivered making more room for our clothes !!!!

Not sure if it will all work out but will post when we get back !!

uk
Level Contributor
424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets

The Whim place on Burriana has a very good selection of products on offer and we always get everything we need there. As you say it is rather expensive but if you offset that against the convenience we think it's worthwhile. Having said that, we only get breakfast stuff from their as we eat out the rest of the time.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets

Mercadona every time. Only 10 minutes walk from the bottom of C/ Velez Málaga.

Scotland
Level Contributor
342 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets

New Mercadona is a lovely store but SuperSol across the road has also had a revamp recently and have to say it remains my favourite! I do have a car though so not restricted in that way.

norfolk
Level Contributor
429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarkets

yes,well impressed with the "new" supersol.

Madrid, Madrid...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarkets

Hey, superSol after re-opening looks really great. What I like there compared to Mercadona is variety of brands (not a big fun of private label products - prefer to take my nutella), international assortment and very nice fresh sections. See you there guys.

8. Re: Supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations