We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Nerja

Surrey
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
October in Nerja

Hi

Thinking of visiting Nerja in October.

I know we will be taking a chance on the weather, but my main concern is that there willl still be plenty of bars and restaurants open. We will be visiting around the 11th October for a week. Will there still be plenty of places to eat and drink at that time?

We like to go sightseeing too. Will there be trips/places to visit to occupy us for say three - four days?

uk
Level Contributor
434 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Nerja

In my experience all the bars and restaurants will be open, there will be no problem there, and the crowds will have gone which is a bonus in my opinion. Go for it, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Nerja

Agree 100% with jerry, plus don't forget there's a high ex-pat contingent resident there so they'll no doubt be out frequenting the bars etc so you won't be alone, you'll have a great time :)

Surrey
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Nerja

Thank you Jerrythemole and FlamencoCDS - sounds like a fun place to go.

What about things to do and see during the day? Any suggestions? A trip to Malaga perhaps?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October in Nerja

If you can get there early then yes, for sure, Malaga is an amazing place, but there is so much to do there you won't even scratch the surface in one day - most come back and do Malaga over a few days :)

If you pop over to the Malaga Forum and look to the right of the page at the Top Questions it will give you some useful info and things to do, maybe you can pick a couple that you fancy and do them in a day and then head back as it's a couple of hours transfer times :(

The Caves are worth a visit, just Google "Nerja Caves" and the website will come up (Cuevas) - there are little towns etc to visit you have Granada not too far away - this might help: http://www.nerjatoday.com/thingstodo/

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October in Nerja

The Feria proposed dates for this year are 9th/12th October so bear this in mind when booking (don't stay too close to the \Feria ground!! :-)) Thats if you want to sleep!! On the plus side,it is a fun time to be there!

Day trips,I would go to Frigiliana,the caves,Torrox and perhaps Almuñecar which is also an interesting town with a lot of history.

There is also the Tuesday market and the Sunday market(Car Boot) up on the Almijara site.

You will find lots to do!

Edited: 23 July 2014, 22:48
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,417 posts
3,711 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October in Nerja

tizzer:

Things to see in Malaga:

The Glass and Crystal Museum, Carmen Thyssen Museum, and Automobile Museum.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October in Nerja

In Malaga I also loved the Picasso Museum,the Cathedral and the old town for shops,tapas and of course the Port.

Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October in Nerja

I have been in Nerja for the 1st week in October for the past 4 years and it's been great ! Weather has been good, still in the late 20's and everything has been open. Enough atmosphere to have fun, but as everyone else has said no crowds. Sure you will have a great time !

UK
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October in Nerja

You will find enough to occupy yourselves in Nerja itself. There is so much to see from Burriana all the way through to Playazo that you will not manage it in a month never mind a week!

It is worth going to Frigiliano though and possibly Maro for lunch but Nerja is nicer than most other places so I would make the best of it while you are there as you will be sorry to leave.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October in Nerja

It would be great for someone to post in the Nerja Forum TQ's what there is to do/see in Nerja, as I can never find anything to recommend to people... a view is a view and the sea is the sea, with the demise of the donkeys the only place I can think of is the Caves, any other tips to be shared?

Thanks.