We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to go

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Places to go

Hi all, I'm travelling to Nerja in two weeks time and was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on the best bar area to go at night and also the best places to eat? We are a couple in our early 20's. Any tips or help will be appreciated on anything to do with Nerja as its our first time going there.

uk
Level Contributor
414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to go

Try searching the forum, there are hundreds of posts on this subject, it depends what you like.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to go

I think pretty much all your questions were answered in your initial thread... it's not a big place so just follow the crowds and you'll soon find out the places to be :)

Depends really if you want the Spanish style or the Ex Pat style of holiday, you can have the best of both worlds or either or - that's the good thing about Nerja.

UK
Level Contributor
754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to go

Hi Joel, three Spanish restaurants for you to try are 1) Sevilliano on Calle Chaparil ( not far from you and very nice inside with lovely food and friendly staff. I recommend the sole which was lovely) 2) La Marina on Plaza la Marina again not far from you and 3) El Pulguilla on Calle Almirante Fernandiz. They all do free tapas with a drink and also serve larger portions or 'raciones' .

Also serving lovely food is Maria Bonita on Plaza de los Cangrejos, again not far away and Jamaica Inn, opposite the Monica is worth having a look at if only for lunch. For a lovely relaxed evening try the Cottage on Calle Cristo. It has a lovely garden at the back and you will be well looked after.

Try a jug of Sangria on Vicente's terrace, Calle Malaga. I didn't think I liked Sangria but this one is very relaxing! Have a Mojito at bar Pancho as this is officially the best! Go to Burriana beach to see the beach restaurants and try a paella. Ayo's is famous for it's Paella and you can watch it being made. (only open at lunchtime) He also does a pork roast Spanish style on a Sunday.

There are many, many more places to recommend but these are just a few ideas.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to go

Thank for all your tips. It's much appreciated.

Chorley
Level Contributor
667 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to go

Hi

Tutti Fruiti square is only around 10 minutes stroll from were you are staying. The Balcon area is also very close with its many bars and restaurants. Look in the restaurant tab above, very helpful. Two of our personal favourites are Los Barriles and Redondo, wherever you may get I'm sure you wont be disappointed. Have a great time.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to go

< Try a jug of Sangria on Vicente's terrace, Calle Malaga. I didn't think I liked Sangria but this one is very relaxing! >

Chris, do you know what Vicente puts in his Sangria? I've come across so many versions it's difficult to keep up!

UK
Level Contributor
754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to go

No, unfortunately I don't know what goes in it but it was lovely and quite potent which we didn't expect. Previously I have found it too much like a soft drink full of fruit and I can't stand sweet fruity drinks.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to go

Proper sangria should have a decent kick, and doesn't really bear any relation to tinto verano (with which it's often confused).

The sadly-missed Keith Floyd learning from a young-looking Miguel at Playa Miguel in La Carihuela how to make sangria ( 5:40 to 8:00, it's gazpacho before that):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVlEmSghFc

9. Re: Places to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:17