We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is playa el canuelo accessible in october?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is playa el canuelo accessible in october?

We are staying in la herradura from october 8 to 15 and would love to visit el canuelo beach during our stay. I notice a shuttle bus runs down to the beach, but it looks like this finishes in september. Is this correct, and if so is the beach accessible in your own car out of season?

Thanks

Trevor

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is playa el canuelo accessible in october?

The bus stops at the end of September I'm afraid and the notice at the beginning of the track states no unauthorised vehicles allowed. I believe the restaurants also close so there will not be any services. You can, of course, always walk down!! I was there yesterday, absolutely packed but the sea was freezing so just a handfall of people swimming.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is playa el canuelo accessible in october?

Thanks very much for your reply, that's a real shame as el canuelo looks beautiful. Plenty of other places to explore I guess, not sure about the walk.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is playa el canuelo accessible in october?

Playa de la Caleta should be OK by then (it's had an illegal encampment on it for the last few weeks).

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is playa el canuelo accessible in october?

I don't think Playa de la Caleta is the same as el Canuelo. We have been to Canuelo at east once a week since the bus started to run and haven't seen any signs of an illegal encampment.

5. Re: Is playa el canuelo accessible in october?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16