We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

Europe
Level Contributor
268 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

Visiting Nerja mid Sept and would like to visit this little village El Acebuchal for lunch or evening dinner. As we will not have a car is there any transport to this village from Frigiliana. I presume it is too far to walk to it and back from Frigiliana. We will get the local bus from Nerja to Frigiliana.

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

There is a taxi rank in Frigiliana in the centre where you get off the Nerja bus.I'm not sure if a taxi will take you all the way to Acebuchal or if it will stop at the end of the concrete track and you would then walk the last section.

We often walk from Frigiliana to Acebuchal, it's around 7km each way and normally takes about 1.5 hours! It does mean we have worked up an appetite by the time we get there!

norfolk
Level Contributor
431 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

we've walked there from frigiliana on a guided walk by john Keogh.very enjoyable,not too arduous.

www.hikingwalkingspain.com

Scotland
Level Contributor
342 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

Thanks for the info youngchuck, have just emailed them to book for early September.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

Apologies for jumping onto the original question but I wondered whether one could get to Bar el Acebuchal from Nerja by taxi? We will have a hire car but would like to visit the restaurant next week for my wedding anniversary and it would be better to enjoy the homemade beer without having to worry about the rather hairy drive.

Any estimates on costs for the taxi to and from Nerja would be helpful.

Many thanks in advance,

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

The last section of the road is unmade so not sure a taxi will take you all the way....see post #1

Europe
Level Contributor
268 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply to my question, look forward to getting there shortly.

Europe
Level Contributor
268 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

We hired a car and drove to Bar el Acebuchal no problem. A narrow windy track so caution needed. You can drive through the village and park the other side at the carpark and if brave enough drive onto Competa which we didn't as we were too unsure and had read some of the reviews so fore warned and didn't risk it from Bar el Acebuchal.

london
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

I hope to see it myself in the not too distant future. The place has an amazing history.

Scotland
Level Contributor
342 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

Definitely worth it PedaloGirl. I went on an organised walk a couple of weeks ago with John Keogh, very interesting and informative! May even return on my next visit in December :-)

Crewe, Cheshire
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best way to get to El Acebuchal from Frigiliana

I went up there in April, it was a lovely walk although I probably wouldn't rush back - got my sights set on El cielo next. I left Nerja on bus just after 7am, walked there and back and around Frigiliana and back in Nerja around 12ish. Glad I've done it.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations