We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe

stoke
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bahia Principe

Hi Folks

would love to book this complex but worried 15 year old and 18 year old would get bored. Is there anywhere decent to walk to around complex in the evening as the taxis sound quite expensive to las americas which doesn't sound too great anyway. Plus is there a fridge in every room. HELP!!!!!!!

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,820 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe

Hi Potter

Where did you get the idea that "Las Americas does not sound too great anyway"?

It is a great place and so much to do....

I can't tell you much about the Bahia Principe but someone will come on I'm sure to tell you about that.

Go to the sticky at the top of the page for starters, and you will find loads of information about Playa de las Americas and the whole island..then come back with any more questions...

enjoy

Sylla

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe

Hi Potter

I hope you haven't booked yet as I can promise you your kids will HATE Playa Paraiso. The hotel might be great for those with little ones but for the teens there is little there to keep them entertained. There is no beach, you are in the middle of nowhere so ideally need a car or have to pay for taxis and there are only a few tiny bars and restaurants. I am assuming you are looking at AI as there is nothing else around so you will be stuck on the complex with moaning teenagers,

May I suggest you rethink PdlA, perhaps the San Eugenio or Puerto Colon areas as these are the sort of places your two would love. They then have easy access to all the water sports, lovely beaches and if god forbit it should rain they have a cinema and bowls all within easy reach. Of course you can also pick up the free bus from this area to Siam Park.

Do have a look at our FAQ sticky tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k2268… and also check my profile for videos of Siam Park, I'm sure your two will love it.

stoke
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe

Hi Aguilas

Thanks you soooo much for the advise. Have pondered for last 24 hours on whether to book or not. Bahia Principe sounds great place to stay if you dont have to bother with anyone other than your partner and yourself. My kids like to explore a new holiday destination and I think that they would be totally stuck with this one. THANK YOU X

stoke
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe

Hi Sylla

Thanks for advise, I'm sure that PDLA is a great place and will look into it more. Thanks Again.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe

Hi Potter

I've just re-read what I said to you and can I just rephrase one little bit I said bowls is close by - that should have been bowling as in 10 pin because I think teenagers would also hate 'bowls'.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe

Just to confirm previous advice really. The Bahia Principe complex is just the 2 hotels with a commercial centre with a few shops. There is nowhere to walk in the evening, and the entertainment in the hotel is a middle of the road band from 9-10, then absolutely naff entertainment in the commercial area - hotel reps miming to Grease etc. There are pool games every day, but really nothing to entertain teens if they like to explore. Nearest beach stuff like banana boats and paracending are in PDLA.

Basically, fabulous hotel for totally relaxing break, but not for active teens.

7. Re: Bahia Principe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 00:20