We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Which Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonn
5 posts
Save Topic
Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Hi,

I will be in Adeje next week and arrive at the North Airport. I figured out that there is a bus from the North to the South Airport that I can take (Bus 340, according to www.titsa.com). But I can't find out how to get from the South Airport to my hotel in Adeje, can somebody help me?

I also found this site www.just-tenerife.com/costa-adeje/index.html which has some bus stops in Adeje (The closest one is "Bus Stop 14 - Arbinique"), but if I put them into the TITSA seach they are not found.

The address i am trying to get to is:

Melia Jardines Del Teide

Calle de Agando

38660 Adeje

What is the closest bus stop to this street? And is going to the South Airport and then taking another bus there the best option? Oh, I am a poor student so a taxi is only an option for short routes ;)

Thank you!

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think the website you are using is what is confusing you because for some reason the site's Playa de Las Ameicas map is actually the one you want

just-tenerife.com/playa_de_las_americas/inde…

The bus stop you want is the one labelled as CC EL Duque. If you get off there and walk along Avenida Bruselas, past the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel, Terrazas Del Duque and a small centre with

several banks etc, I think your accommodation is the next one along.

Ask for CC EL Duque stop- I think it is the last stop on the route.

Using this route (488) from the airport avoids you having to walk up a very steep hill from the seafront also.

Nelly

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Hi Metonymia, the buses are very good value. But buy a BONO card 12€ or 30€, and you get half price fares, and a maximum fare. The cost of the fare is duducted from the card. We uses the bus all the time, great value for money. The bus stop is right outside the TFN terminal.

Bonn
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Thank you both very much!

Bonn
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Another question: are you sure that the 488 stops there? I just got a mail from the hotel (I asked them the same question some days ago) that said:

"There isn't a direct bus connection from the Aeropuerto Sur to the hotel. The name of the closest bus stop is "El Duque", but you have to transfer to another bus in Playa de las Americas."

The 488 plan (http://www.titsa.com/lineas.asp?idl=488) also doesn't list El Duque as stop, but "Avda. de Bruselas" which is the road where that stop is. It is a long road though and there is also a stop called Avda. de Bruselas which is quite far off at the highway. This is confusing as it isn't clear whether titsa lists the names of the stops or the roads that the bus travels.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Hi Metonymia

I don't use the buses so would like Nelly to confirm that what I am saying is correct. You say the stop nearest your hotel is the Arbinique If you look at the last but one stop on the 488 route you will see that it says HOTEL ABINQUE (TORVISCAS) you can then click on the orange name of the stop and it brings up a map. Could this be what you are looking for but with a slightly different name/spelling?

england
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

hi metonmymia,

if you stay on the number 488 until it terminates at costa adeje you can walk to your hotel from there,but if you have heavy luggage jump into a taxi for the short run,it wont break the bank,as you say you can afford a short taxi ride.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Hi Metonymia,

The problem is that the Titsa bus website actually calls the bus stop, which the hotel is calling El Duque, Costa Adeje. The Av Bruselas bus stop is farther back and there is another stop in between,

I am 99% sure that the 488 goes as far as this stop, almost opposite the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel and from there it is no more than a 5 minute walk. Hardly worth getting in a taxi for unless you have heavy luggage with no wheels.

The bus usually (unless it is market day) turns around in the large car park. Ask for Costa Adeje.

Do not worry and enjoy your holiday!

Nelly

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,151 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

well there is a lot of good information there

metonmymia i notice your from bonn, not far from my relatives, are you english or german?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,151 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Looking forward to your reply metonymia

Bonn
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from North or South Airport to Calle de Agando, Adeje

Hi,

I arrived in Adeje by taking the bus to Santa Cruz and from there down to Reina Sofia airport (341). There is no direct bus to the hotel, but it is possible to take the 488 to Playa de las Americas and there change to another bus. The 488 only runs once an hour and after 9pm once every 2 hours, so I took a taxi because I had just missed the 9pm bus. The cost was 30 Euros for the taxi and around 4 Euros for the bus if I interpret my Bono card correctly. The Bono card can be bought at Santa Cruz in the little shops, they have big signs showing that they sell the cards. I had no luck trying to get a card at the North airport and the information booth people sent me to the bus driver, who did not sell it.

Most people don't speak English, or only a few words, but it was enough to get the information on the busses :)

And to answer your question, I'm German.

Thanks again to the people here who helped, it would have been much harder to get around otherwise :)