We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to Playa Americas - puerto colon

Level Contributor
153 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
taxi to Playa Americas - puerto colon

We are staying in Puerto Colon and were wondering how far and how much a taxi is into P/Americas.

Thinking of going on the coach trip to see the Sound of Musicals but may stay on for a drink and get a taxi back later rather than the coach at midnight.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,837 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to Playa Americas - puerto colon

Hi djd

Here is a map to show you it is not too far...click on it to make it larger.....

I would'nt have thought a taxi would cost much, but hav'nt done this journey by taxi myself, but it's not far so should'nt be much.....

Hope you enjoy

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to Playa Americas - puerto colon

between 5 and 7 euros after midnight 5 -10 mins max

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to Playa Americas - puerto colon

Hi Djb

If I have read your post correctly you are asking two questions. Firstly if you are staying in Puerto Colon and want to go to PdlA (depending on which part) you can easily walk. Here is a link to a map. tenerife-apartments.co.uk/Stc/MapLasAmericas… Hopefully it will open on the Puerto Colon page (Map 1) and you can walk along Geranium Walk past the Hotels Palm Beach and La Troya and on into the nightclubs / youngsters area of Veronicas and Starco (Map 2) which is quite a small area. You can then carry on into the very upmarket area of PdlA (Map 3) where you can find lots of entertainment / cabaret bars. It is a pleasant walk, all on the flat and we do this journey at least once a week.

If you should want to get somewhere specific in a short time then you could take a taxi which would only cost a few Euros, probably around €5-8 depending on where you want dropping off.

Recently on the forum there was a post where some people expressed concern regarding taxi drivers. If you take the taxi option I would suggest you ask before you climb in: -

How much does it cost to XYZ (be specific i.e. The Patch or The Mare Nostrum as PdlA is a large area) - ¿Cuánto cuesta a XYZ?.

Also ask for a receipt - ¿Me podrías dar un recibo, por favor?

Your second question as I see it is you anticipate staying on at the Sound of Musicals venue or in the area for a drink and getting a taxi back. I have been in contact with George Lodola (Public Relations for SofM) and he has confirmed that >>>If guests arrive by coach, then yes, they’ll have to leave soon after the show has ended. If they come direct, we allow 15-20 minutes for finishing drinks, loo visits & time for taxi’s to arrive, etc.<<<<< There is also nothing close by that you could easily walk to as it is located just off the motorway on a largish roundabout and there are no other buildings close by. http://tinyurl.com/dzrggd (see)

IMO this is a great show, and the drinks keep coming from the moment you walk through the door until you stagger out at midnight, I have attached the website for the show http://www.showtimetenerife.com/the_show.html

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi to Playa Americas - puerto colon

Paid 12 euro for a taxi from the Moonlight Bar to Parque Santiago IV. Rip-off or what?

5. Re: taxi to Playa Americas - puerto colon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 04:33