We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

Hi we are booked in for a week at the Bahia Principe at Costa Adeje and on looking at reviews it appears the TV in the rooms only have 2 English speaking Channels.Not that we want to watch TV all holiday but we do like to switch it on in the afternoon and evening when we are in the room. Someone mentioned that you can hire a hard drive from an outside agency during your stay at the hotel. Does anyone know if this can be done and an idea of how much it costs. Thanks,Susan

tenerife south
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

I intentionally did not respond to your posting, hoping that some other idiot would. Since no-one has bittem, I shall do so!

What on earth is the "hard drive" to which you refer?

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

A piece of advice, if you have nothing nice to say,say nothing. Have some bloody manners for goodness sake.

tenerife south
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

Classifying myself as an idiot surely exempts me?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

Such a shame that civil questions arn't given the same courtesy in reply.

The questioner's use of 'hard drive' is taken from a review made in Feb by a Trip Advisor who said -

"The only thing I would mention is if you are British as we are there are only 2 channels in English on the television and whilst we don't go on holiday to sit in our room and watch tv we do like to watch it when going for a siesta or before going to sleep at night. We didn't think to ask until ac ouple of days before leaving but you can hire a "hard drive" from an outside company through reception and it wasn't overly expensive. We would definitely hire one on our return to Bahia Principe"

As a regular to the hotel I have never heard of this, and suggested to the questioner she posted a question on this forum. As the review in February mentions such a 'drive' one imagines it is available. I hope someone who wants to share information rather than unhelpful comments will reply.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

I think if they are mentioning hard drives then you would need a laptop with probably a freeview type card that is to hire. The freeview cards can be bought in the UK but remember how much a laptop weighs when weighing your luggage.

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
934 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

ok i have read this over and over and i dont know what you mean are you talking about taking freeview to hotel as this should be possible. if you are talking about taking a harddrive with films or programmes on it i would be wary as whenever we,ve had laptop the tvs abroad dont have the cables to watch on it would need to be a very new lcd tv and most hotels dont do them.

7. Re: Hiring a hard drive for TV at the Bahia Principe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 05:17