We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

january weather

ne lincs
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
january weather

what is the weather like in january?

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: january weather

Hi Scottie,we went the 2nd week in jan this year and the weather was superb,1 day of cloud and the rest was wall to wall sunshine,about 70-75 degrees,a little cool on a night but thats understandable,friends of ours arrived the day we left and they had iffy weather,so i suppose you take your chances at that time of the year.

Tig

up north
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: january weather

we went once a few yrs ago and it was a lot warmer than back home some days were cool so we prefer to go feb onwards unless we get a very cheap last minute break.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: january weather

We Spend every New Years Eve there, Jan 2011 was hot, hot, the best we have ever had. Most years hot,some cloud , a little breezy,some times a shower, not very often. A few years ago it was , windy and wet for a few days,but thats rare. Apart from last Jan I usually need to cover my shoulders at night. We love Tenerife,much better winter weather than the UK, always return with a tan.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: january weather

they winter is our best summers in the uk we go away every winter this years was lovely September 2010 till arpil 2011 in tenerife.

York England
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: january weather

I went the last week in January and the weather although warm was quite cloudy and a bit wet.

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: january weather

You were unlucky as for the first three weeks of January there was hardly a cloud in the sky, however it did break down towards the end of the month. When we get cloud and rain it will be during the winter months but usually these spells don't last very long.

7. Re: january weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 14:17