We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bad reviews bahia principe ?????

Which Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bad reviews bahia principe ?????

I don't understand why there are really bad reviews for the bahia principe costa adeje we were there from 10/5-17/5 and we had a brilliant time the hotel was very clean and the food was very good we never had a problem with cold or stale food! And there was always lots of variety don't be put off by bad reviews we will be going again!!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

That's good to hear we go in 2 weeks and had been reading these reviews - there seem to be a few good ones for each bad one so wasn't too worried ha ha some people can be hard to please! There seem to be soo many people that are return visitors it can't be all bad ha ha!!

Newcastle England
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

If your talking about the one in Costa Adeje i think there are probably a couple of likely reasons for the mixed bag of reviews, we visited there about 5yr ago and asked to be moved after 2 days, we liked the Hotel it's self and found the Food to be extremely nice, exept in the Itallian restraunt, the meal was awful, we were just very dissapointed with the location (as we had been told by the Tour Op at time of booking you could walk into its neighbouring resorts) it was too far out for us and maybe for others?.

The beach was highly unaccesible with a 1 year old and buggy in tow, and i can remember people complaining about the standard of food in the poolside snack bar, saying it wasnt 5*????? Im not sure what a 5* snack would be to some people, maybe Caviar and Canope's!!

Im sure for most people visiting there they would rate it as a 4/5 star, but maybe people who have previously travelled 5* have been on a B&B or HB Basis, so All Incusive is allways going to have an insuperior feel to it.

No matter how good a service the staff strive to provide, you wont have the same ambience in a room if your standing in a que for food as what you would having it brought to the table, allthough i can remeber thinking the food was exellent in the main dinner hall.

Also on our second night there we were in the big entertainment room where the kids show was on and there were drinks spilled allover the floor wich is totaly understandable where kids are, but there was allot of broken glass on the floor so we told the bar staff, a couple of hours later it was still there and i picked allot of it up myself, obviously this is not what you would expect in a 4 or 5* Hotel.

I have to say on the whole though, if i was looking for an AI break and didnt mind being in the middle of nowhere then i would have no reservations in returning there but as we like to eat out and have everything on our doorstep we wouldnt, maybe the bad reviews were more from people who were not experienced All Inc travellers, im not sure how its advertised now with all the High Street Tour Ops but when we booked, only First Choice sold it as Playa Paraiso. Maybe some members who have been there more recently could shed more light though? as i say it was 5 years ago since our visit, im sure allot could have changed since then.

Edited: 23 May 2011, 13:00
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

I am not entirely convinced about the reliability of many reviews. I am sceptical about exceptionally good reviews and think some are planted but when it comes to complaining, dissatisfied clients want to share even the slightest of gripes with the world often heartfelt and usually truthful even if they are in many cases excruciatingly subjective. TripAdvisor has acknowledged this and now displays a coverall statement below each review – ‘This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC’. However, the point remains that reviews are subjective which means you need to trail through a reasonable number in order to form a balanced impression.

So don´t go on the one or two who say worst meal I have ever had or the location was the pits, look at the overall rating it will give you a better idea of what to expect. Who knows what caused the bad reviewer to submit could be something as simple as a headache that day or just a delight in being different from the majority or even a desire to be controversial and to stir up a response – there are strange people out there. LOL

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

As always I jump to the defence of my favourite hotel!

Kingstontown has hit the nail on the head - some people go to the hotel expecting it to be in a town with bars etc around it and places to walk to. They get there and find it is in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and then moan about it. This isn't the fault of the hotel but of the tour company who misrepresent the location and nature of the hotel, and of the holiday maker themselves who have failed to do their research!

As Aquilas says you can't trust a great many reviews - if I'm thinking of going to a hotel I check out the history of the reviewer to see whether the reviews are balanced or written in a fit of pique when a receptionist has made them cross!

Swanbov - as long as you are prepared for the location of the hotel and its quiet nature you will love it! The food is not haute cuisine, but it's more than adequate, as is the wine etc. The entertainment is mediocre. BUT - the rooms are comfortable and clean, the staff are friendly (on the whole), the cleaning staff are great and the grounds of the hotel are lovely. Go to relax and chill! i will look out for your review in a few weeks.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

Nildesperanda - like you say I did my research on here before booking the hotel & also looked at the reviewers previous reviews (there's normally a trend). It's our 1st as a family & we really didn't want to be in a busy place - the twins will be in bed by 8 so we wouldn't be going anywhere really anyway so the location suited us down to the ground we went more for the hotel having stayed in the Bahia in Mexico a few years ago.

Yea we're going to unwind (as much as you can with tearaway twins) and I'm sure my review will be a positive one!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

Just looked at my ripped out brochure page ha ha & all it really says about location is that it's 2km from Playa Paraiso.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

Misleading again! By road about 2km, but on foot about 15 mins walk across the 'beach' (don't get too excited about the beach!). Tho PP offers next to nothing - a minimart and pharmacy are the only reasons you may want to visit!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

Ha ha I've seen the pics of the "beach" so not going to be disappointed on that front. It'll maybe give us something to do to go for a wander with the sprogs in the morning (& we'll no dount run out of nappies or something so thats good to know)!

We'll possibly use the hotels bus to go into Playa one day to go back to where we met with the kids but apart from that it's all about the kids having fun in the pool & us relaxing - I can't wait!!

Newcastle England
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

Good for you Swanbov!!!!! You have researched the Hotel very well and some of the things that have deflated guests (ie, location, lack of beach etc....) are things you have allready discovered and discounted as not being an issue for your family, and like you said, you probably will spend a day in las Americas for a trip down memory lane, but other than that, your just wanting to relax and splash about with your babie's, i think you have chosen the perfect place for your needs!!!

And as previously said, you do have to read between the lines with some reviews, i never really take any notice of the gripey ones if the vast majority are good, i had to laugh the other week when a guy left a review for Parque Santiago 3, wich is hugely popular are rarely gets a bad review, he stated that he wouldnt reccomend the hotel to anyone as all the beds were extremely uncomfortable!!!! He stayed in a studio, wich would have had 2 beds, it was his first visit?????????? The Hotel has (i think) about 728 rooms!!!!! he wrote the whole place off for 2 of them, beyond belief!!!.

Have a fantastic Holiday Swanbov :-)

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bad reviews bahia principe ?????

Yet another set of bad reviews - two obviously from people in the same party - as Victor would say, I don't believe it!

I am fortunate enough to enjoy the nicer things in life and have always thought I was difficult to please, but I now wonder if I know good from bad!

Just a few things to comment on -

'No tea making facilities in room'. I have stayed at 4* hotels (and the BPCA is 4*, not 5*) in many places in Europe and have only found a kettle in one hotel which happened to be run by an English lady.

' All food cold on the buffet' - a little bit of exageration maybe? Maybe the odd dish that hadn't been recently refreshed?

' Speciality restaurants not a la carte' - A la carte means picking from a menu. The main course is chosen from a menu.

'Doctor would charge 50-100 euros to see you' - of course they would. Every country (apart from UK) charges to see a doctor. You claim it back on the insurance.

'Couldn't get a seat at the Tenerife hotel' - we often go to the Tenerife for pre-lunch drinks. We were there in April when the hotels were almost to capacity. There was never any more than a dozen people in the inside bar, and the gorgeous outside patio was always very quiet with only a handful of chairs taken.

'Can only book speciality restaurants for 3 nights a week' - how many hotels offer a choice of 6 restaurants? Most of the hotels I've stayed in offer one restaurant so if you don't like it you're stuck for the rest of the week!

'Poor English on reception' - the hotel does not just exist for the English. All the staff I have dealt with have been able to understand and speak sufficiently well, and if there has been a problem has called for help from one of the more fluent English speakers. How many 4* hotels in England are there who can speak as many languages as they do?

'Ants in room' - so did we one year. We asked at reception and they sent up a man with a spray! I get ants in my bathroom in May when the temperature is around 16 degrees - not surprizing they have them in large numbers!

Rant over. If you've booked to go just go and enjoy!