We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorthoppa

Ireland
Level Contributor
600 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Resorthoppa

Has anyone used Resorthoppa in Tenerife? Do they wait for you in arrivals or do they have a desk?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorthoppa

Hi

You may want to look at this link before thinking about booking them. There are plenty of taxi's just outside arrival should you not use Resorthoppa

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k39…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorthoppa

Hi, we've used Resorthoppa regularly, without problems, and across Europe. We have used them in the Canaries, Balearics, Greece, Turkey and most recently, in October, in the Czech Republic. They do not operate any taxis or buses themselves, but contract out your journey to a local operator, so you are at the mercy of their local service provider. I would imagine that, if there was a difficulty, it would be hard to claim any sort of redress, but we have found that, if you follow their instructions, even if you think things are starting to go wrong, when you ring the contact numbers they provide, you get an efficient, economical service. We had a slight concern in Prague, as the pick-up on arrival seemed to be taking a long time. We contacted the number, and were called back at once to ascertain what the problem was, then the minibus driver himself rang to apologise and explain the problem (road works en route to the airport, and it was rush hour) and then by the operator to make sure everything had been resolved. We began using Resorthoppa after a disasterous transfer with Thompsons, which ended up in the local Small Claims Division of the County Court, and have never had anything but a first class service from them, bearing in mind that they are amongst the most economical transfer companies. If I wanted a 5 star Rolls Royce service, I'd book and pay for it, what I want is an economical, reliable service, and that is what they have so far provided.

Ireland
Level Contributor
600 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorthoppa

thanks for your reply. I have now booked them. If it all goes wrong it is not the end of the world.

wales
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorthoppa

hi,

we used them in sept, they were not good. we had to wait for 45 mins for them to sort our bus, they all seemed to be very confused as where to put people and in the end the guy who was doing the computer behind the desk drove our bus, they didnt speak hardly any english,everyone on the bus was silent, i think we were all keeping our fingers crossed we would get to our hotel safe, bus was not the best either. 45mins late picking us up from hotel, luckly they were more than helpful in our hotel and took matters into there own hands by ringing them 3 times, and i really do think they did forget about us, because we were they only ones on the bus, it turned out ok in the end, but would never use them again, just have your wits about you ok.

Ireland
Level Contributor
600 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorthoppa

Wendy, thanks. Was that in Tenerife too??

North East England...
Level Contributor
746 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorthoppa

Recently used Suntransfers.com, recommended by a few on the forum. Excellent service...will def use again!

wales
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorthoppa

yes, this was Tenerife.

Ireland
Level Contributor
600 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorthoppa

we are just back from Tenerife and this is how I found Resorthoppa.

We found the office easy enough and were transferred but we were droppped of at La Pinta and had to walk to the Santa maria. One of the Chinese PR asked us if we were going tot he Santa Maria so they must me used to people looking for it. Yesterday we were not picked up on time and after I rang them we were transferred quickly and straight to the airport without any pickups.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorthoppa

Hi people.

Has anybody been through travelrepublic for their transfers in Tenerife before?

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorthoppa

Yes i have used them a few times also went easter 2011 and using them again in May 2012,