We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap supermarket

UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap supermarket

Hi

We are staying at the Isabel next week. We are on a really tight budget so need to do some supermarket shops for basics. Will have a car so able to drive to big one if necessary. Where is the best place to go for lowest prices?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,211 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap supermarket

You need to go to either Mercadona or Hyper Trebol. Take the TF1 towards Adeje (not Santa Cruz) and when you get to Las Nieves /Los Olivos exit take this, get in the right hand lane and bear right slightly go to the mini roundabout. Take 3rd exit (in front of sports complex) and continue to large roundabout.

Here you have two options.

Either take the first exit to the next roundabout then 3rd exit and go to Mercadona or go all the way round the large roundabout so you are on the opposite side of the motorway and go to Hyper Trebol. Do buy their own brands they are excellent quality.

There is also a Lidl in the area but I don´t like it as I don´t think the quality of their goods is comparable to local supermarkets.

From where you are staying I would say it is no more than 5km to either supermarket. There is a Mercadona in Gran Sur shopping complex probably closer but IMO prices are slightly higher than the Adeje one.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap supermarket

Thank you so much.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap supermarket

If you buy the Spanish products ie. Cereals ,yogurts butter, cheese etc they are very reasonable and excellent quality. It's a good idea to bring your own tea bags and the foil refils of coffee from home as these are expensive. In fact anything that is easy to pack that you have at home anyhow like dishcloths,cling film etc all save you buying when you're there,as long as you don't exceed your luggage allowance . Have a great holiday.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap supermarket

Hi, we find that local brands are often cheaper than UK supermarkets. So any of the large supermarkets will be good for you. We also find some of the local shops god value. The only thing I bring from the UK is coffee, as I find the local coffee too strong, and Nescafé is expensive.

Also look out for restaurants offering Menu del Dia, you can have a three course meal with a drink from 3€.

5. Re: cheap supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2012, 10:19