We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costa adeje and adeje

Which Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
costa adeje and adeje

We are staying in the Hotel Isobel shortly which is in the Adeje section, but looking at the map it is just behind Costa Adeje whereas Adeje village is a little further away. Not having been to the area I am a little confused as to the connection between these places. Can anyone help?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,302 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: costa adeje and adeje

Not quite sure what you mean by connection but Costa (coast) Adeje is not the same as Adeje village which is much further inland.

Callao Salvaje...
Level Contributor
51 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: costa adeje and adeje

When we moved over I was as confused as you.

There is the province ADEJE. Bit like, say, Cheshire.

There is also a town callled Adeje, the captial, I think, and is a little up in the hills. Worth a visit. Away from the coast.

Costa Adeje is an area of the proviince of Adeje and is next to the coast.

Hope that helps.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: costa adeje and adeje

Thanks,

I'm getting a clearer picture now. I think the way Trip Advisor have classified Adeje and Costa Adeje has confused me; I don't know whwere Costa Adeje ends and Adeje begins. Our hotel (Hotel Isobel) is really in Costa Adeje but is under Adeje for some reason. I"m not sure how they"ve distinguished between the two.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: costa adeje and adeje

Your not the only one confused ,you will also find not only tourists but residents,and tour operators dont really know either and in many cases the postman to .All along the coast each are runs into the next . Your hotel could be in Costa Adeje and the pool area in PDLA .There are no real lines drawn up .I dont even think the local councils know for sure !!!

I think this suits tour operators ,if they think say PDLA is becoming unpopular they call it Adeje or Costa Adeje and visa versa .It gives them a bigger bite at the market !!!

Edited: 24 January 2013, 14:39
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costa adeje and adeje

just returned from isabel family hotel. You will have a great time and not far from most places. It is in costa adeje and the weather whilst we were there was glorious. We only went b&b but breakfast was good and a mixture of hot and cold and the cappuccino at breakfast was very good. You should have a great time. Just go with the flow as we did

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
911 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: costa adeje and adeje

Hotel Isabel is in the Fanabe area of Las Americas.

As OLNF says, the increasing use of 'Costa Adeje' by travel companies is a marketing ploy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: costa adeje and adeje

It might be in the fanabe area but according to the hotel and bus route is in costa adeje. But does it really matter as long as you enjoy your holiday

Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: costa adeje and adeje

where shows live football in adeje we are staying at the play olid apartments and what are some good pubs/bars!

Rory

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: costa adeje and adeje

The Pub has the most sport in that area.

10. Re: costa adeje and adeje

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 07:17