We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

Manchester, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

Please can someone let me know what the dress code is for this hotel and if they allow Jeans

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

Hi

Yes smart jeans are ok but not 3/4 length or {as I believe is fashion} ripped ones

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

Yep, jeans are fine. Apparently shorts are also fine for women and for teenagers but not for men, even expensive tailored shorts are not allowed but I am not bitter. :o)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

The dress code only applies to men, everybody else can wear anything short of beachwear.

Some dress code though that thinks jeans, track suit bottoms (basically anything that is full length) etc are ok and smart shorts aren't, bit dated and a little sexist if you ask me.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
319 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

If you wear track suit bottoms in a decent hotel, you deserve to be turned away ;-)

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

They were rather rude to us at reception when we went to discuss the dress code. The manager said "Most 4 star hotels INSIST on long trousers at dinner!" To which I replied, "So sorry, we are normally use to 5 star hotels who are more flexible!"

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

Soaperman - whilst I agree that females can get away with totally inappropriate dress (or undress) at dinner 'rules is rules', and I for one would never allow guys in shorts (smart or otherwise) in a dining room. I am surprised that you say the 5* hotels you stay in allow shorts. I assume you don't review the 5*s as they arn't in your review list, and would be interested to know which they are - I've only been fortunate enough to stay in 2 UK 5*s who certainly didn't allow shorts, and the 5*s I've visited for dinner in Europe would never allow them in.

7. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 17:07
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

So frustrating when a post, presumably in response to mine, is removed. Constructive discussion is what makes TA such a good medium fir comparison. Shame - I would have liked to read the comment.

newport
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

I seen them turn a few men away for having shorts on. I wore shorts at breakfast and lunch, but wore jeans in the evening which was fine, they don't like ripped jeans either,

I think the staff might be a little rude because you get told about the dress code when you check in and also signs on the doors of the resturant and when you book the signatures (Italian was the best) so I can understand why there might get shirty as there is no excuse to wear shorts in the evening

They warn you enough times

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje -dress code

So frustrating when a post, presumably in response to mine, is removed. Constructive discussion is what makes TA such a good medium fir comparison. Shame - I would have liked to read the comment.