We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Trousers in the Restaurant

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Trousers in the Restaurant

Do men really have to wear long trousers in the restaurant?

who really wants to wear them in that kind of heat? Could my boyfriend get away with smart shorts to the knee?

Thanks

Katie

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Trousers in the Restaurant

Trousers only. This is zero tolerence.

I wear my thin linen trousers in the restaurants and then quickly chuck my shorts on after.

It is a nice place and I agree with the trouser rule.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Trousers in the Restaurant

Hi

Sorry but without the dress code your boyfriend will be turned away at the door. I know it will be hot in Tenerife but the dinning room will have aircon and as many do change after the meal it is not too hard to dress smartly for a short time while you have your meal. I agree with Kyle B and the dress code.

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Trousers in the Restaurant

The thing is it's a long "trouser" rule and not a smart dress code which would make more sense.

By that I mean that when we were there last they would turn away men in very smart tailored shirts but allow scruffy jeans, track suit bottoms etc anything that covered the whole leg. Also, the 'dress code' only applies to men the women are allowed to wear whatever. Also, the 'dress' code only applies at dinner so in the same restaurant/same chairs etc at breakfast and lunch anything goes.

For what it's worth I think this type of rule in such a class of hotel in such a destination is a bit archaic and a little bit sexist. I would be perfectly happy for a smart dress code if it meant smart dress and applied to both sexes.

4. Re: Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Trousers in the Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17