We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend an Indian Restaurant?

Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend an Indian Restaurant?

Google lists 3 places:

The India Gate - www.indiagate.biz

41 St. James St, King's Lynn

Bombay Brasserie

25 Railway Rd, King's Lynn

Raj Of India

61 Railway Rd, King's Lynn

Can anyone recommend one of the above or anyone other restaurant?

I am staying in the town next week at The Stuart House Hotel on Goodwins road, so it needs to be within walking distance of there.

Mentioned in this post
King's Lynn
King's Lynn
Norfolk, UK
Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend an Indian Restaurant?

Invisible Waiters

I was staying at ‘The Stuart House Hotel’ so I opted for the nearest Indian restaurant in St James Street.

In most Indian restaurants the staff pour over you, sometimes to a point of being intrusive. Not so at ‘The India Gate’. The poor service is at its best non-existent and at its worse down right ignorant. Once I had been shown to my table I wondered if anyone would ever return to take my order. The 2 waiters deciding to hide out of sight of everyone who was dining.

I ordered 2 popudoms with accompaniments as a starter as I normally do. Whilst the chutneys were what you would expect, I was amazed that no raita was on offer - something I expect in most Indian restaurants.

But what really disgusted me was that the mango chutney had not been removed from the husk and with almost every piece I found myself biting into the hard shell of the mango.

The main dish was much better (meat jalfrieze) although the mutton was very chewy.

Overall I faired better than the couple on the adjacent table who use ‘The India Gate’ quite regularly and say it is the best Indian restaurant in town. His starter was way too spicy and they could not eat their main dishes. Very disappointing for 2 local pub landlords out enjoying there only night off.

If this is the best Indian restaurant in Kings Lynn then god help the rest.

Mentioned in this post
King's Lynn
King's Lynn
Norfolk, UK
islamabad
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend an Indian Restaurant?

Now you don't need to ask from anyone,pick one on your own.

Visit this site, I have recently discovered it.

It is a collection of the best restaurants, pubs, and takeaways listed throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

It is quite appealing and a good source of information for all the food lovers like me. There is an extensive list of restaurants and takeaways for which it lets you search by restaurant type of county. You can even place your order online. It's is really cool site and is well worth checking out.

It has reviews, menus, pictures, driving directions and online ordering.

The website is

http://www.sideorder.co.uk

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
Wales
Wales
United Kingdom
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
United Kingdom
3. Re: Can anyone recommend an Indian Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2010, 06:30
Get answers to your questions about King's Lynn