We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf question

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Golf question

Two days in the area in late September, by myself before business trip to London (arrive early on a Sunday, leave mid afternoon on a Monday). 7 handicap. Should I play North Berwick W and Gullane No. 1, or North Berwick W twice?

Thanks. Fascinated with the area after reading all about it.

13 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
378 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Golf question

If the earlier times are booked then your best bet would be to ask the starter to see if he can ask another pair or group to see if they would allow you to join them. Tipping starters is not common practice here. Alternative nearby links style courses are Luffness, Longniddry and Craigielaw-not quite as good as Gullane No 1 but all worth playing

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Golf question

Quick note to close out this thread - loved everything about East Lothian. Golf at both NB and Gullane no 1 was fabulous, thanks for talking me into playing both. And the car trip there and back was very easy. I'll come back and stay longer next time.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Golf question

Delighted to hear you had a great time! And still so many courses in that particular area to play!

Reply to: Golf question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Berwick