We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

West Hartford...
3 posts
Save Topic
travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

Hi,

I have 3 days to explore Cornwall- no car- would like to stay someplace scenic- not to crowded but with some cultural/walking tours.

9 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

You've posted this in the Wadebridge forum - is this somewhere you want to stay or are you open to other suggestions?

There are lots of scenic places, do you want to stay in a town or a village? What do you want to do when you're here? And by culture - do you mean museums, galleries, theatre? The more information you can provide about what you want to do, the more we can help you.

West Hartford...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

I am open to suggestions as to where- I am hoping it is on the ocean somewhere which seems likely. I either want to do a waking tour for a couple of days and stay at different places and get to the airport in time for my flight home

OR

I want to stay at a scenic village the whole time and maybe do some day walking tours- to me cultural means historical/scenic places- although I don't mind interesting community- local experiences.

Thank you for considering my request for info.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,381 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

How and where do you arrive in Cornwall, and where from? Then do you have three clear days to stay before going to 'the airport' (presuming, if you are flying back to the states, that this airport is nowhere near Cornwall?)

Ie, is it day one: travel to Cornwall, then spend days two, three, four exploring, then day five go to which airport you are going to?

If it is actually day one - travel from a long way away to Cornwall, day three - need to be at an airport, then you will have at most one full day and spend most of the other two days travelling (assuming that it's a late flight) and it's probably not worth it.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

I will be ieave from Falmouth on July 12 in the am to somewhere else in Cornwall- A full Day 1 would be July 13- A full Day 2 be July 14th, - Day 3 July 15th- that day be in part might be a travel day to the airport in Exeter leaving on july 16th to US.

Maybe I might work may way towards Exeter- or just stay in one scenic place. Not sure of distances- they do not seem too far but have to check.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,381 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

Well, this is confusing. Cartwright5/Catherine K: Is this one person asking questions under two different screen names or two people asking remarkably similar questions?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

I think it is the same person with two accounts, which is against the guidelines. I asked on another thread but she hasn't responded.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

I messed up on the sign in.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

If you have already spent time in Falmouth, you may prefer to be at the other end of Cornwall. Have a look at Looe.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July

Catherine you need to follow these instructions

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

as explained on your other thread

Reply to: travel no car - only 3 dAYS July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wadebridge