We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Restaurant.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood Restaurant.

Going for a weeks camping near Padstow in July and telephoned last night to book a meal in the Seafood Restaurant. Surprised to find that this far in advance and midweek they only had 10PM tables available.

We booked as my wife has her heart set on going there but the only questions I have are..

Will there be any fish left?!

Has anyone eaten there that late, do they try and get you out the door so they can go home? Is the menu severely depleted?

Wondering if we should try and book for lunch instead?

Looking forward to your replies and opinions,

Nick.

Mentioned in this post
The Seafood Restaurant
The Seafood Restaurant
4,763 Reviews
Padstow, UK
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

Never been but I think if I was in your postition I'd call again and ask how they deal with cancellations and maybe you could move you booking up.

Maybe lunch would be the better option rather than trying to get to sleep in your tent having had a very late meal!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

We don't mind eating late, and sleeping is never a problem, it's all in the wine!

But I may well give em a ring and check on their cancellations. I was going to pop in when we got down there and see if there was any availability like that anyway...

Thanks,

Nick.

Blois, France
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

Due to my previous job I met many people who settled for the late booking and I have have to say the majority felt that it was not worth the effort or expense- menu changes (including the fish), staff looking at you at the end of the evening waiting for you to finish, etc

By all means try and get on the waiting list for an earlier slot or alternatively rebook for lunch- remember the fish at Stein's is landed in the morning so at lunchtime the food is at its best.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

Thanks for confirming my fears!

Just phoned up and we're having a late lunch on that day instead. Am down on waiting list for a later table too in case one comes up.

Thanks again for the replies.

Nick.

Blois, France
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

I am sure you have made the right decision :-)

England
Level Contributor
86 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

We've booked in to Rick Stein's cafe for an evening meal instead - 3 courses for £19.99!!!!

Blois, France
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

Great choice, I have always really enjoyed the cafe :-)

England
Level Contributor
86 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

I'm glad you said that imisscornwall - haven't been before so looking forward to it!

;O)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

We have been to the Seafood a few times, but now we tend to book in at St Petroc's bistro instead.

Good food, cheaper than the Seafood, and a nice laid back atmosphere.

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seafood Restaurant.

We had the same problem as Southglade so went for lunch instead - and I really enjoyed it; 2 of us sat at a table which would normally seat 4 and so had lots of space. Service was relaxed and we spent altogether 4 hours having lunch (oh yes and just over £200!) We also ate at the bistro on our first evening. Good food but nothing that special - about £50 a head; then breakfast once at the cafe that was surprisingly empty and very very nice brekky!

One other restaurant we went to run by a husband and wife team; Margot; was great value for money (bit lacking in ambience)

Finally - enjoy a glass of wine at Bin 2; a sort of wine bar/off-licence and watch the world go by

Hope you have a great time!

Get answers to your questions about Padstow