We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock to Padstow and back again

Which Padstow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rock to Padstow and back again

Hello

Is it comfortaby possible to walk from Padstow back to Rock in the evenings? I'm thinking about getting back to my hotel after an evening dinner?

Are taxis available at short notice?

Any advice would be great.

Cal

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock to Padstow and back again

You wouldn't be able to walk from Padstow to Rock. It would be a long drive, let alone a long walk as you need to go all the way to Wadebridge before there is a bridge to cross the River Camel. I reckon it must be at least 12 miles.

All is not lost, however! There is a passenger foot ferry which runs regularly between Padstow and Rock. This runs from 8 o'clock in the morning to 8 o'clock at night. After this, there is an evening water taxi - i.e. in the form of a boat rather than a car. More conventional taxis are also available in Padstow and Wadebridge but it would be much quicker to opt for the boat option.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock to Padstow and back again

Thanks so much, that is exactly the reply I was hoping for! Water taxi it is then - and we can both have some beers this time!

Best wishes

Calnfamily

Falmouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock to Padstow and back again

Hi Cal

hope I'm not too late with this. Afraid you can't walk from Padstow back to Rock, the camel trail to Wadebridge is about 6 miles then more than that back to Rock on the roads. The river stream is too big to go directly across even at the lowest tide, so your best bet is to use the water taxi which runs till at least midnight. detials here: http://www.rock-watertaxi.co.uk/ a trad taxi back would be expensive and would need to be pre-booked.

Have a good break when you get here.

Camel

4. Re: Rock to Padstow and back again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 05:28
Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations