We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do near Padstow for partners 40th Birthday in Sept

Bristol
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to do near Padstow for partners 40th Birthday in Sept

Would love some ideas on what to do during the day near Padstow for my husbands 40th Birthday on 4th Sept. We are staying in a Yurt near Sladesbridge for 3 nights, hopefully a (nice!)change from a hotel. WE are eating in No 6 in Padstow in the evening but I'm not sure what to do during the day thats a bit special/different?. Probably something fairly relaxing that incluses stopping for a bite to eat somewhere, any ideas very welcome.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do near Padstow for partners 40th Birthday in Sept

What kind of things do you enjoy? Sladesbridge is just outside Wadebridge so I imagine that whatever activity you choose doesn't have to be that near to Padstow?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do near Padstow for partners 40th Birthday in Sept

A bike ride along the camel trail, with a stop for lunch at the Borough Arms at Dunmere, or Bodmin Jail would be my idea of a good day. You could also have a look at the dungeons at the jail, the displays themselves are a bit naff to be honest, but the actual atmosphere of the jail is very spooky, and that is coming from someone who is very sceptical about ghosts and the like. But it really is eerie to go down to the old cells and feel the change in temperature and atmosphere.

Or for something completely different from the above, why not have a spa day for the two of you at the St Moritz hotel. You can get treatments, or just have a day in the gym and pool.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do near Padstow for partners 40th Birthday in Sept

I can endorse the good food recommendation at the Borough Arms (our local!) but would also suggest that, if the idea of cycling on the Camel Trail appeals, you might also consider the Wadebridge to Padstow section which runs alongside the Camel estuary and is more scenic. There are plenty of bike hire options in Wadebridge plus one in Bodmin. But you do need good weather of course.

Also on the Wadebridge to Bodmin stretch of the trail is the Camel Valley Vineyard which you might find interesting if you are into wine. Their Bacchus white is scrummy. They do guided tours every afternoon at 2.30 until the end of the month but you may need to book via their website (www.camelvalley.com)as they have had lots of publicity recently and so been very busy.

The Cowshed Spa at the St Moritz hotel at Trebetherick is also a good suggestion and the hotel is in a fantastic location with stunning views and coastal path walks all around.

4. Re: What to do near Padstow for partners 40th Birthday in Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations