We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newquay it is then

london
Level Contributor
372 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Newquay it is then

I have tried to get accommodation in April for a single room and have been amazed by the lack of interest in single travellors either not even bothering to reply to a phone call or email or offering a room for over £130. I am glad Padstow is doing so well and can pick and choose compared to the rest of the tourist industry. Supply and demand?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newquay it is then

It could be that not many hotels have single rooms. In my experience those that do have the single rooms in the worst part of the hotel, ie over kitchens etc that I would rather pay for a double anyway. I take it you have decided on Newquay rather than Padstow? That will at least give more choice in hotels, and you may find one with a single room, or you could try the Premier Inn that charge for a room no matter if there's one or two people, with competitive prices.

Bear in mind that if you are coming at Easter or when the schools are on holiday, it is going to be expensive then. Lots of families choose to come to Cornwall for the Easter break.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newquay it is then

Will you have a car and would you consider a hotel which is not on the coast? Broadening your scope of locations would also increase the likelihood of you getting a decent room.

london
Level Contributor
372 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newquay it is then

yes thanks I know i can get reasonable accommodation in Newquay, I was trying B&B also but yes they have fewer single rooms. I will visit for the day to Padstow!

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newquay it is then

Hi Welshgirl. I know you can book a single room in Newquay at a reasonable rate. Please do not fall for that extra charge for single person, because not everyone charges this. Have you already found somewhere?

Padstow is only 9miles away. Newquay is very central for getting anywhere elese in Cornwall.

london
Level Contributor
372 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newquay it is then

Thanks yes i have booked reasonable priced accommodation in Newquay

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newquay it is then

Weshgirl, Hope you enjoy.

7. Re: Newquay it is then

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Padstow