We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour holidays

Which Padstow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northants
2 posts
Save Topic
Harbour holidays

Hi has anyone use Harbour holidays Padstow to rent cottages.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
127 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour holidays

every year for the last I do not know how long! We have always been really happy with the houses we have booked through them and the service we have received. Have been going to the same house for 3 years in padstow now. One of the nice things about them compared to some others in that they make the beds up before you get there and provide linen as standard.

Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour holidays

Harbour Holidays are very good. Long established firm run from office shared with sister company Jackie Stanley Estate Agents.

Quality of the properties with all the agents, in my experience, is down to the caretaker/cleaners used.

northants
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbour holidays

thanks for both responses. Ive only ever used the big cottage companies so its good to see two positive comments. Also noticed in other forums their name mentioned. So looking forward to Padstow in the summer. Cheers.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbour holidays

We stayed in Portloe close to the harbour. The cottage in our opinion was clean and warm,light and airy and ample big enough for two.It has a great view from the bedroom window.But this window was very dirty and I cleaned it myself.We missed not having a shower.The conifer blocks light through the back bedroom window and the climbing plants need cutting back to allow more sun onto the rear terrace. The lock on the back door is insecure.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
127 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbour holidays

all the time

Devon
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbour holidays

Hi there, I noticed that you have used the big cottage company for holidays. We are thinking of using them but they don't take cards and am a bit worried about cash/cheques without the guarantee you get by paying with credit cards - have they been good with you in past re money side of things? Thank you.

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbour holidays

Hi Emma,

Which companies do you mean? Most of them now accept cc card payments. (For Padstow for instance I know for a fact that The Padstow Cottage Company and Cornish Horizons accept credit cards.)

Elfin

Devon
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harbour holidays

There is an actual company called "the Big Cottage Company" and I thought that you meant you had only been with them before. Perhaps you meant you have only used big cottages in the past?

The Big Cottage Company dont accept credit card payments and I am a bit worried about the lack of security for me if they have financial problems. I just find that a bit odd in this day and age.

in any event thanks for your help.

Emma.

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harbour holidays

No, I think Karen meant that she had never booked with a small, regional company before. But: Why not take out separate travel insurance, just to be on the safe side? For one trip only?

Elfin

Devon
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harbour holidays

Thank you for your help. I thought she meant she had used The Big Cottage Company.

Kind regards

Emma.,

Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations