We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

Hello,

We are venturing down to the beautiful cornish coast in July with our Labordor Duke, can anyone inform me of things to do with the him. I have reviewed previous post and I think the Camel Trail would be a nice walk for us and of course the 7 bays for seven days, I have been informed these are all dog friendly accept one. I have noted that the Cornish Arms and Farmers Arms are dog friendly which is good.

If anyone has taken there dogs away or know of some nice walks pubs along the way, I would welcome your ideas, we have accomadation all sort just need a plan.

Thank you in advance for anyone with great ideas.

oxford
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

Only just seen this message so could not reply, but we are taking our springer pup at Christmas, so interested to see what good walks and dog friendly pubs you found?

oxford
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

Only just seen this message so could not reply, but we are taking our springer pup at Christmas, so interested to see what good walks and dog friendly pubs you found?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

On your way down to Padstow, you cold stop off in Camelford (car park free as well !!!) The Masons Arms on the main road is dog friendly - as long as the dog is on the lead.. The old part of the pub is circa 1600 and was an old coaching inn, with slate floors. It still has the coach archway and the old stable where the horses were kept. It has two sides, public bar and a separate area for those who wish food with a bar as well. Real oldy-worldy.

They have a nice selection of food - just look at the specials board when you go into the pub.

There is also a park nearby which you could take the dog for a nice stroll by the river..

Fi

Fi

Wadebridge, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

Hi, there is a car park at Trevose Head, and the circular walk around Trevose Head is lovely, taking anything from 45 minutes to as long as you like!

There is also a car park at Harlyn Beach, and that beach welcomes dogs.

Another idea is to take the passenger ferry from Padstow across the estuary to Rock, where the beach also welcomes dogs.

South Wales
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

Very late reply sorry - but we stay in St Issy every year with our Jack Russel and we can confirm that the area around Padstow is one of the most dog friendly areas in the west country, with lots of fantastic beaches that allow dogs all year, pubs almost always welcome dogs, and there are loads of stunning walks.

Hope you enjoyed your visit as much as we do.

6. Re: St Merryn/Padstow - Doggie information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Padstow