We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harwich Port--WHERE is it??

GA
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Harwich Port--WHERE is it??

Hope someone can tell me where the cruise ship port is in Harwich. I can't seem to find it on any map. We have reservations at the Hotel Continental on the night before a cruise. Are we near enough to walk to the pier? Are we near enough to walk to the train station? Which train station would be nearest that hotel??

Thank you for your help. B.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harwich Port--WHERE is it??

I THINK the cruise ships dock at the ferry port in Parkeston Quay, just west of the town, but I'm not 100% sure. You should be able to find it on a map

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Harwich Port--WHERE is it??

The hotel can be walked from Dovercourt station, which is different to the station for the pier. You couldn't walk to the pier from Hotel Continental.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harwich Port--WHERE is it??

Hi wandb

Harwich International Port is the port for Cruise ships as well as ferries, and has it's own train station.

If your Hotel is near Dovercourt station (as another poster suggests) then you can get on the train to go to Harwich International Port, when you are ready. However, the Hotel staff must be used to people staying there for the port, and undoubtedly they will have good suggestions.

I'm surprised your cruise company have not given you any map information about Harwich Port - that is a poor show IMO!

EW

Essex
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harwich Port--WHERE is it??

here is Harwich Port's Website, which has lots of useful info including maps:

http://www.harwich.co.uk/passenger.htm

and If you go to Streetmap and then search for your Hotel's postcode (which is CO12 3RG) you can generate a map to show you where the Hotel is in relation to the port - easy eh?

EW

5. Re: Harwich Port--WHERE is it??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 15:18