We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london to Harwich port

Which Harwich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
london to Harwich port

I will be taking a cruise from Harwich in late May. I will be flying into London, help !

how do I get to Harwich from either Heathrow or Gatwick.

I have booked The Tower hotel in Harwich for the night prior to the cruise and 2 nights in London post cruise.

There will be two of us travelling.

should we use the Heathrow Express and then taxi to Liverpool station and train to Harwich?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: london to Harwich port

It was GREAT! Driver met our plane with no problem, pushed out trolley of luggage out for us to the car AND loaded it into the car, - too easy. I curled up on the back seat and slept for awhile, while my husband talked to the driver as we drove to Harwich. Upon arrival at our Hotel, the driver unloaded our luggage. It was worth EVERY penny. Thoroughly recommend it. Good Luck!

12. Re: london to Harwich port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 18:35
13. Re: london to Harwich port

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 18:35
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,442 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: london to Harwich port

Why are they quoting £56 for the train from Harwich to London?

An anytime single is £30.60; even in 1st Class it is £49.00. Advance-purchase fares are even cheaper.

15. Re: london to Harwich port

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 18:05
16. Re: london to Harwich port

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,442 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: london to Harwich port

OK, but it seems like they are overstating the prices of other modes (£56 for a train? £70 for a coach? Really??) to make their own prices look good by comparison.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: london to Harwich port

<<and the train £56 each but then you have to negotiate from the station to the hotel >>

Yes the car has advantages - but the train is not £56 each but £56 total for all four of you if booked in advance. Even a first class anytime walk on ticket isn't £56

So make the right comparisons

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: london to Harwich port

Post 13 has confused me.

Has Paul used a transfer service or doeshe run one?

20. Re: london to Harwich port