We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Steinbach Manitoba

Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Steinbach Manitoba

I was checking the Steinbach Forum and realize there is nothing current there. I live in Steinbach and we have some exciting things happening in the 3rd largest city in Manitoba.

I'm wondering whether we need to post some items here, ask some questions or just show that there is some action here.

I probably don't qualify as a destination expert but would be excited to help anyone needing information about visiting our wonderful little city.

3 replies to this topic
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Steinbach Manitoba

I live in Manitoba near Dauphin but have never been to Steinbach. We are actually planning on visiting it in the next couple weeks when we hear to Winnipeg.

What should we do and see in Steinbach if we just have one day to explore the community? Any nice restaurant recommendations? Not interested in any chain restaurants, would prefer something locally owned and operated.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
586 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Steinbach Manitoba

Definitely plan to spend a couple of hours at the Mennonite Heritage Museum. It's set up like a village and you can eat right on the grounds. In town, you could try MJ's cafe on Main St. for authentic Mennonite food.

Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Steinbach Manitoba

Thanks for your interest in visiting our beautiful and progressive city. The Mennonite Heritage Village is definitely our top destination of interest. You could spend most of a day here if you also take in the General Store with local artists/crafts and lunch at the livery barn restaurant. There is more action in the Village on special weekends such as Fall on the Farm.

The other destination for great Mennonite food is MJ s on Main. Alternatively you could drop in at Oakridge Nursery Greenhouse on 52 for wonderful coffee, desserts and gift shop.

The Aquatic Center is appealing for families of all ages. See their reviews elsewhere on TA.

A new drive in restaurant is Bumpers on 52 featuring also jumpers for kids and car shows on most Saturdays.

Our main street and parks are alive with gorgeous plantings right now.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Edited: 18 August 2012, 04:24
Reply to: Visiting Steinbach Manitoba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Steinbach
Recent Conversations