We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Cost

new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Cost

We are starting out in New york, and are looking to visit Santiago/easter island. How much should a flight be between Santiago and Easter Island at the end of December?

Also, has anyone found a reasonable flight that includes a stop at Papeete? I know that LAN flies to easter island from both, but they were much too expensive to make it worthwile.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Cost

To Easter Island and to Papeete from Chile there is only LAN.

new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Cost

We are seeing flights for $656 is that pretty average for that time of year. Just wanted to know whether to book now or if it was worth waiting? Thanks!

new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Cost

In case I was not clear those flights for $656 were from Santiago to Easter Island and I was wondering if they ever get cheaper. Flights from the US to Santiago are approximately $1050.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Cost

As LAN has a monopoly and the people on Easter Island want to restrict the number of visitors fares are not likely to change much.

5. Re: Flight Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 00:17