We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Island Budgets

Santiago
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Island Budgets

Hi. I'm off to Easter Island tomorrow and was wondering how much money I should budget a day in case I need to get some more pesos out and can't get any on the island. I'm there for 4 days and plan to stay in residencials and maybe rent a quad bike. I don't have many/any dollars.

Cheers, Paul

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Island Budgets

A room in a Guesthouse will be US$15 to $20 per person, including breakfast. The locals go out to the airport to meet the plane. Try to find one which includes use of the kitchen if you are on a tight budget. Often your host/hostess will act as a guide as well.

Car rental for a day will run about US$50 a day plus petrol. Try to find others to share the cost.

Food is expensive as it is all flown in. So it is hard to say. I'd calculate US$40 a day if not doing your own cooking.

Entry tickets to some sites are US$10 per person.

2. Re: Easter Island Budgets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 01:18