We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Tour Companies for Easter Island?

Superior, CO
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Tour Companies for Easter Island?

I am planning a trip to Easter Island in either October or November. Most tour companies only offer a 3 or 4 day tour and we are looking for a 6 - 7 day tour given the distance we are traveling. We will not be staying in Santiago for any time.

Can anyone recommend a good tour company as well as any to avoid?

A few I have looked at:

easterislandourism.com (seems to be a travel arranger vs. an actual company).

Any insight is appreciated.

Easter Island Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips, Archaeology Tours
Kava Kava Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Green Island Tours Easter Island
Hiking Trails, Photography Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Archaeology Tours
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,011 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Tour Companies for Easter Island?

Visitchile .com and .cl

You could always book your lodging yourself and book tours as you want them when you are there. The Easter Island Foundation has a suggested 5 day itinerary, but I have known people to stay much longer and enjoy every day.

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Tour Companies for Easter Island?

my experience was going for 8 days, which in my opinion, was slightly less than what I would have wanted, after enjoying the island so much.

it's a place that doesn't jump out at you, but if you open your eyes and senses, you start to feel just how special it is

three days do it no justice.

we hired a private guide to show us around for three days, then rented a car to backtrack in our own time the places we loved.

for a certain type of traveler

New Orleans, LA USA
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Tour Companies for Easter Island?

I will only have about 7 hours while the ship is in Port.....HELP,,,,Will there be tour guides or "taxis" at the dock when we arrive. Will be there Friday Feb. 10, 2012

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Tour Companies for Easter Island?

Did you have a satisfactory experience with your private guide? If so, who was it? I am not sure whether I want to do a group tour or a private one. Our situation is rather more complicated since my husband has limited walking ability. He might need to stay in a car for part of the tour. Thanks for your help.

5. Re: Recommended Tour Companies for Easter Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2012, 10:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor