We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Island

JYH
Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Island

When should you go to Easter Island and How should you go there? My husband wants to cruise and I would prefer to fly. Jean

1. Re: Easter Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2012, 12:34
Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Island

Hi Lafayette!

I have inlaws near Baton Rouge.

We flew through Houston and on to Santiago Chile 5 hours to the south for an overnight stay. From there it's a five hour flight due west out into the Pacific. When we were there it was the only way to fly into there from South America. The flights stop there on their way to Fiji I think another 5 hours west.

At that time the only other way was on a leg of a around the world cruise but that was 2006.

On our way home we took another week and stopped in Ecuador for an awesome visit to the Galapagos Islands. What a vacation!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
8 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Island

You should go during their hump seasons of Spring and Fall.. Keep in mind they are opposite of the Northern Hemisphere. Summer there can be hot and busy while Winter has a lot of wind and rain. We just came back on trip over July 20 and loved it. There is NO boat service there and maybe a cruise ship stops but the harbor isnt deep so its a long way to shore. Doubt many ships stop anymore. LAN airlines is the ONLY way to get there. They have flights from Papette Tahiti, Lima or Santiago. Santiago is daily and the others are only a few days a week. I would recommend doing Santiago as flights are delayed, down graded equipment and canceled often due to weather. Your better off going through Santiago and give yourself a day there coming back if your flight is disrupted. If you buy business class on LAN, book in row one or two as they down grade the equipment often and persons sitting behind row 2 can be bumped back to coach.

Be ready for the most Fascinating trip in your life. Its an amazing Island and the people will make you feel at home!

4. Re: Easter Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 03:16