We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu and Easter Island

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu and Easter Island

I wanted to go to Machu Picchu and Easter Island but I am having a hard time find tour companies that offer this kind of package. Anybody have done similar trip? Thank you

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,382 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu and Easter Island

There are flights to Easter Island from Lima. It should be easy to just book the EI portion yourself and just use a tour in the Perú portion.

2. Re: Machu Picchu and Easter Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 12:05
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Machu Picchu and Easter Island

LAN has only recently started operating flights between Lima and Easter Island. For this reason there aren't that many tour operators that have published itineraries or materials on the trip, however there are many that operate both areas and can assist you in planning and executing the trip. What will prove much harder to find however, would be a tour operator that offers group departures for such an itinerary as it is still a unique trip and the airfare is quite expensive. Therefor I recommend looking for a company that specializes in the regions so that they're best able to coordinate a great private trip at an affordable cost.

Cheers and all my best,

Jordan Harvey

Knowmad Adventurer

Framingham...
Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Machu Picchu and Easter Island

here are a few. just google it

www.savacations.com/packages/program.asp…

latinescapes.com/packages.asp?package=130

intolatinamerica.com/en/program/872/easter-i…

idealsouthamerica.com/easter-island-machu-pi…

friendlyplanet.com/exotic-easter-island-mach…

journeylatinamerica.co.uk/Holiday-types/…

Bergen, Norge
Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Machu Picchu and Easter Island

Me and my wife will take the same trip in July next year:-) First Rio de Janeiro, then Lima (Machu Picchu) and finally Easter Island. We're going to organize it ourself. It's not that much work:-) Use Skyscanner.com/123hotels.com. I've already bought tickets from Norway to Rio and from Lima to Norway. Those are the most expensive tickets for us, so now I only have to buy from Rio to Lima and both ways to Easter Island.

Maybe we'll se you around:-)

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
978 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Machu Picchu and Easter Island

Do you need a package tour? I bought a LAN flight to Easter Island with a stop in Peru and then bought domestic tickets separately. It was a very good deal vs buying US to Lima plus Lima to Rapa Nui.

It's not a problem to find shorter local tours in each destination.

7. Re: Machu Picchu and Easter Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 10:15