We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

Brussels / BELGIUM
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

I'd like to visit the main attractions of Easter Island in early November. Which affordable tour company and itinerary would you suggest? Thanks.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

Honestly, look at what i discovered without guide nor tour !!!! : https://www.youtube.com/watch…

1- Just go to the museum, watch documentaries on youtube before,

2 - Pay the parc tickets in airports : you have evry sites located on the map ( 60 bucks)

3 - Walk, rent a car solo or with people you meet ( what i did for 2 days)

4 - Feel the liberty in this great place !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

Check out www.chiletraveltours.com

good luck

Buenos Aires...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

This is wonderfull that you did! I bougth a ticket to easter island aug 27 sept1, I will go alone...

so you recommend to pick up some people, rent a car with them and enjoy it.

thanks

Easter Island, Chile
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

Instead of the Chile Tours alternative I would suggest a local company, since they would know better what to offer you.

You say you're looking for an affordable tour company, so I would suggest Kia Koe:

www.kiakoetour.cl

They are the oldest tour operator on the island. They offer the best prices, but to not sell you "the pig in the sack" as we say in Sweden where I'm from, I'd have to tell you that they also do their tours with quite big groups, and the guides are not always the most qualified ones. Though you will pretty much see the same sites.

If you're looking for a private tour alternative, though more expensive, here's one alternative called Easter Island Traveling:

easterislandtraveling.com/tourist-services/…

Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
493 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

I'm working in a local hotel on Easter Island and I've had a lot of first-hand experience working with tour operators and know most of the professional guides since I'm in touch with them on daily basis.

Based on my own experiences (originally I visited the island as a tourist) and various opinions of our (hundreds) guests who have chosen Kia Koe Tour, they provide excellent tours.

Their services include both private tours (the vehicle and a guide are for your personal use only) and regular group tours (group size is approx. 12-24 passengers depending the vehicle).

Their guides are all professional local guides. That means they know things not only from books they've read but things they've learned from their parents and grandparents. These experiences deepens their understanding and respect of local culture.

To tell the truth, group tours are not bad at all since they are nicely priced and you'll get to know people from all around the world. Naturally, when you choose the group tour, the actual pickup time and pace depend on the group itself.

Private tours offer more flexibility and freedom but the cost is a bit higher. However, in case you book your hotel through their own website, you'll save a nice sum of money to spend for tours.

Personally, I'd like to advise anyone to choose a respectable tour company on Easter Island. Choosing an individual guide is like a Russian roulette: the guide might not appear at all or the person might charge you some surprising extra cost based on a minor change during your tour.

6. Re: Tour company for a 4D/3N stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:19