We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs in Santiago

Shoreline...
1 post
Save Topic
Customs in Santiago

Going to chile and Easter Island in October. Is an hour and 15 minutes enough times to arrive in Santiago, clear customs and make it to the LAN flight?

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs in Santiago

I would not risk it if this is a once in a lifetime trip. Get there a day early to make sure you will be on the EI flight.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,613 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs in Santiago

Yes, too tight for an international flight to a domestic. Also, from here to October either airline might shift its schedule slightly making it even tighter.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
122 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs in Santiago

I'd say it's not long enough. The line to get through customs at the airport was really long. If you end up still trying to make that short time work, make sure you don't make the mistake I did and wait in the long line, only to find out that you needed to pay the entry fee before getting in the line (a lot of people made this mistake because the booth where you pay the fee was easy to miss).

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customs in Santiago

No way, I went to easter islands from Santiago in December and spent an hour and a half queuing to check in, and another hour clearing customs. It is not a very efficient airport.

Charlotte NC
Level Contributor
36 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customs in Santiago

LAN has a habit of changing flight times and not notifying passengers (even when they have contact information.) I would definitely build more time into your trip. We were on Easter Island and some people in our hotel found out that their flight to Tahiti had been changed and instead of 3 days on Easter Island, they ended up with only one day. We were lucky that our flight was pushed back by only an hour. I had built in a lot of connecting time because the last time we came home from South America our LAN flight was really late and we missed our connection in Miami.

You can read about our travels on Easter Island and in South America at journeysbyjill.com There you will find everything from packing tips to what you can expect to pay plus videos to give you a sense of what it's like to be on the island.

Have a great trip!

6. Re: Customs in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:17