We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Layover

I am planning on flying Miami to Aukland, NZ via Santiago, Easter Island, and Papeete. One flight to Papeete has a 12 hour layover at Easter Island; Is that enough time to take a tour and get a sense of what makes the Island famous?

Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover

Personally, I'd say that anything less than 3 night stay is not enough but that's up to you.

If you're flying from Easter Island (IPC) to Papeete (PPT) your only option is LA 833 on Monday.

Now, I assume that you'll arrive using LA 841 on Sunday so you might have a Half Day Tour: Orongo or Half Day Tour: Akivi in the afternoon and Full Day Tour: Anakena & Rano Raraku on Monday.

However, your only option is to book private tours since group tours have no prefixed dates.

Additionally, you'd probably want to have a shower after your tour so you'll have to pay either a Late Check-OUT or an additional night.

All things considered, your stay will include only expensive options or, alternatively, you'll have to resort to self-exploring instead of guided tours so you'll end up loosing the main benefits of 1 night stay on the island.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
122 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover

I'd say go for it, because you should take advantage of the time you do have at the island. I took an 8-hour tour of the island and really got to see a lot. Three full days would be great, but you'd might as well do a full-day tour while you can.

3. Re: Layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:16