We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

Yes finally, after my last trip to Mount Sinai last April, again i have decided to spend 2 weeks from JANUARY 2 to15 in South America especifically in PERU (Cusco-Machu Picchu), CHILE (Santiago -Easter Island) and RIO de JANEIRO. Any advice for a female solo traveller like me? anybody wanna join me?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,191 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

You will have a packed two weeks. I would reconsider.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

Agree with Toid with just two weeks you might want to just focus on Peru or Chile. If you choose Peru, have you already booked your MP tickets? For Chile, do note January - February is high travel season as locals take their long break then so you may want to have your bookings done sooner than later. Have a great trip!

Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

We are taking a fairly long trip to Peru and Easter Island next August - four weeks. I think you can work out a decent trip seeing the Easter Island and the highlights of Peru. You need to decide what you want to do. If Easter Island is a must then consider a "direct flight" to Easter Island first (meaning airport to airport).. We will be doing a 28 hour leg first and then returning to Peru. That seemed the most economical time and money wise. I think you can handle Easter Island on your own. Then you can focus on the high lights of Peru. Their are a number of tours offered by different companies. You are almost certain to find one that meets your interests. I think trying to include Rio is a bit much. I am somebody who tries to cram in as much as possible. I think if you limit yourself to Easter Island and Peru you can find something that will please you.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

dont worry guys, Ill try to handle it. I just wanna cover it once and for all.plus i never fly firm ticket, i am always on STANDBY. That is how aircraft mechanics always do.. hehehehe! from now on, ill keep this post updated about my trip so now lets start:

Jan 2 - heading to Sao Paolo, checking in Mercure Airport Hotel

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

Jan 3 - After 12-hour sleep in the flight + 5-hour sleep in Mercure, flying to Lima,Peru now to catch another flight to Cusco.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

Jan 4 - Landed in Cusco yesterday at 1600H. it was cloudy, sunny and chill. Immediately severe dizziness and I felt like I would vomit, thanks to my vicks inhaler. I didn't wait for my hotel pick up. immediately I grabbed a taxi, the deal was 25 but when he asked for payment before the trip he said 30. I pretend like I would go down. *well I don't mind paying S/: 5 more but I don't want to be scammed. he pretended like he forget the deal. went to my hotel and slept as soon as I landed on my comfortable bed, I woke up late night , took hot shower and ordered fruits from room service. I felt a lot better. I stared and I just realized how pretty the view from my window and the whole hotel actually.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

Jan 5 - I have decided not to go around Cusco. The location is really making me feel so sick. Today, flying back to Lima in the morning and flying to Santiago in the afternoon.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

jan 9 - oh my god! sorry guys, im too busy to post some blogs here. easter Island is a wonderful place. I juast wanna make the most out of it. it's my last day tomorrow. Amazing place and people. bye for now.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

Jan 11 - arrived at Rio. Immidiately I went to sugarloaf coz my hotel is just in Botafogo. Ok, this place is nice but the problem is I have just seen the best of the world, machu picchu and easter island. This place becomes ordinary in my eye. :-( sad that I am not impressed. I wish I have come here first to appreciate Rio more. well, tonight, im just gonna do some walking in avenida/shopping. tomorrow, I cancelled my paragliding coz I don't know I don't feel doing it (partly scared) but I don't see it special now.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,279 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: starting my 2014 with a trip of a Lifetime..

I am enjoying your little updates!