We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop in Easter Island going or comming from Tahiti?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Stop in Easter Island going or comming from Tahiti?

I am planning a trip to Tahiti from Santiago and I´d like to know Easter Island on my way to Tahiti or on the way back. Could someone please suggest me what is the best way to stop? Going to or comming from Tahiti? is there any difference? Thank you

Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop in Easter Island going or comming from Tahiti?

There's only 1 weekly connection as follows:

* LA 833 on Mondays (SCL-IPC-PPT)

* LA 836 on Tuesdays (PPT-IPC-SCL)

Just pick the one that best suits you, there's no real difference unless you have some preference when you'll arrive and depart.

Additionally, take into account that LA 833 will depart late on Mondays so you need to book Late Check-OUT (or extra night, depending the hotel) if you wish to keep your room until afternoon.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop in Easter Island going or comming from Tahiti?

Thank you!!!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop in Easter Island going or comming from Tahiti?

We have just arrived back from Easter Is from Tahiti. If I was you I would try and do Easter Island on the way to Tahiti. Reason being on our way FROM Tahiti to E.I - flight was at 2am, then delayed to 3am. So you need to hang around all night, can't really have a sleep when you have to go to the airport at midnight whereas flight from E.I to Tahiti is 10pm ish - so its not that hard to stay up ;) for that. We just found that flight TO Easter Island terrible.

4. Re: Stop in Easter Island going or comming from Tahiti?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16