We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental work

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Topic
Dental work

Has any one ever had dental work done on the isle of Margarita, if so, how would you describe there expertice, and would it be cheaper than lets say Canada,

radville
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dental work

we have a friend that used to live there and she was quoted to have all of her fillings replace for 3500 canadian dollars and had the work done on the island for 300 us dollars

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dental work

I recently had an American friend visit who had some major crown work done here by an English speaking dentist who was trained in the US.

I believe the cost was around US$350 per crown which is about a third to half of the cost in the USA.

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dental work

Thanks for the info, As much as i love lineing the Canadian goverments pockets, This sounds like it could be the way to go.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dental work

Hi Pipelinewelder,

The island would be the ideal place to recover from some dental surgery. I'm sure the heat would enhance your healing alot better than the damp cold weather we're having here. Good luck, let us know how it goes,

Mary

U.K
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dental work

Hi can you tell me what you have found out about dentist on the island am going in august and like you would like to know if it cheaper than at home

regards Tina.

Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dental work

What a great idea!

Dental tours to Margarita Island.

I'm in................

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dental work

hey pipeline welder,it's not the govs. pockets that you're lineing. Dentristry is a private enterprise. Perhaps you'ld like living permanately in communist Cuba.

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dental work

Can anyone tell me how they have gone about getting in touch wtih an English speaking dentist out there - not something I have considered but am doing so now

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dental work

I have a great dentist who speaks English. A lot of her family is in Florida and her english is perfect. You sure cannot beat the prices either. A friend of mine had a office visit and an X-Ray and she needed to have 2 teeth removed by an oral surgeon. The total bill including the surgeon was less then 40 USD. My friend is a Canuck too and she was real happy.

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dental work

Could you let me know the contact details etc or a link I can go to as am seriously interested in turning my lazy holiday into a cosmetic adventure

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations