We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

My wife, son and I are arriving 4/7/07. We can either elect the all inclusive package or not. Does anyone have any recommendations?

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

Hi

I think the AI is the way to go. We were at the Dunes a month ago & loved it. With the AI you don't have to worry about paying for drinks & meals. It's kind of an added bonus to just order what you want, when you want & no worries. You do have to pay for room service but there really is no need to order in. Meals & snacks are available constantly- Breakfast 7-11:30, Lunch 12:30-2:30, Dinner 6:30-10 plus beach restaurant 12-4:30, teatime 4:30- 6, midnite snack 11:30-12:30. The meals are delicious ( pizza, fries & subs available for your son). There 6 bars to wet your whistle. We go for the AI option when available, never been disappointed with the prices and you won't be disappointed with the variety. You also can have 1 meal per week at the a la carte. If you want a real treat,try the cream of tomatoe soup & the beef tenderloin medallions, awesome.

Happy holidays, I'm sure you will all have a great time at the Dunes,

Mary

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
233 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

if someone tells you the food is "delicious" i wounder what thay eat at home the food is very basic , dont go all in, it gives you a chance to eat in village ,i know of 6 people who had prawns in al /c rest, that were ill after

North Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

Pandandy I see that you did lots of researching before you went to Margarita Island, so I am wondering why you even went because you sound as though you had an awful time, I feel sorry that you did not find the hotel and Island suitable, but I think the remark about what people eat at home is rather out of order, we went to Margarita and never heard of anyone being ill with the food, may be it could have been the drink that made a lot of people ill. I dont know Mary personally only from this forum but she certainly does not sound the type of person to put up with a hotel which you found so unsuitable and you have complained about most things in Margarita even the airport but I fail to see why, we are off again to Margarita later in the year and I am looking forward to it very much, they cant please everyone but I feel sorry for the people who may be put off by your remarks especially the couples who are getting married there, I am sure they will have a lovely wedding as many more have, it is a beautiful island and had I have been younger I would have loved to have got married there but in 1959 people did not go abroad as much as they do now. I would advise WildcatBB to go for all inclusive especially with a child as we do that now because they have so much choice, I liked the fact that Margarita hasnt got a lot for children to waste their money on also but they enjoy themselves because there is plenty to occupy them which we found to be very goog. We always do all inclusive now, I hope anyone who has booked to go to Margarita take more notice of the positive reviews not the negative ones.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

Hi, Just me again. The food offered was hips of beef- sliced to your liking, loins of pork- also sliced to your liking, Roast turkey- same as previous, fish- grilled, baked, bbq, chicken- done everyway imaginable, pasta bar-you choose your sauces & extras, fresh green salad, fresh sliced vegetables, cooked vegetables, prawns- in sauce or butter or just steamed, pork chops, burgers cooked to your specs, pizza, fresh fruits at every meal, at least 3 kinds of cheese -also at every meal, BBQ steak & ribs every saturday nite, I can on for another hour. As I stated my sympathy for your 'bad holiday' previously Pandandy, I feel as if I'm repeating myself. We still ate at local restaurants a few times & enjoyed them. If you can't find something delecious from the buffets at the Dunes, then I would think there is no where that will satisfy your tastebuds. Majority of people enjoy different foods, this resort goes WAY out of their local (included also) menu to try to accomadate everyone. And think what you want about me but I have travelled to many resorts & hotels and the Dunes is one of the nicest I've stayed at. I have very high standards but also an open-mind. Perhaps Pandandy, you should try focusing on the positive. I for one do not believe your stay was as bad as you say- I was there- I know. Thanx for your input Readyforoff and WildcatBB' I' GUARANTEE a wonderful holiday for your family. The price, weather, people & resort are awesome.

Mary - not a low standard traveller

North Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

mary Niagara Falls Hi Mary on reading your last report I must say that the food at the Dunes sounds very nice, we had good food at Laguna Mar and although I have to be careful what I eat due to a stomach ulcer I can honestly say that I never had anything that affected my stomach and my daughter and grandson enjoyed their food very much, you just sound the sort of person who would put a good meal on at home as I do and although we were in Margarita and the food was different we enjoyed it and there was plenty of choice. I also enjoyed a drink or two but that,s all part of the holiday, and like us you enjoyed the Island and the friendly people. We are going to go on a tour of the island when we go in October as we just lazed about the last time, my grandson Jordan is now learning Latin American dancing at school so the next time we go to Margarita he should be even better, he will be up on the stage with the entertainment team likke he was last year, I cant wait to go back and just hope that I am well enough to enjoy my 70th birthday in Margarita next year, I just really hope I can be in the place I call Paradise for my "Coming of Age", just wish you could be there, I enjoy life to the full, when I go away as I dont go out a lot back home, you only pass this way once and having lost two husbands I am certainly going to enjoy myself as they would both want me two, I am looking forward to being 70 because I love to mix and cant think of a nicer island for my birthday.

Florida
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

Glad your still writing Readyforoff......it's wonderful reading your posts.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

Hi Readyforoff,

I want to wish you a very happy 69.5! Best wishes to you & I'm sure you will spend many birthdays in the sunny south. Love reading your posts, keep up the good work. 6 more months & you're back on MI, hope wonderful, I'm envious:) Please keep us up to date, as so many of us, learn so much from you. Hope to spend a lazy afternoon with a cool drink with you & yours on 1 of your trips,

Enjoy! Mary

8. Re: All inclusive package: Good or Bad at Dunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations