We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Hi,

We are going to Margarita in June & are planning to do the Angel Falls 1 day trip. We were just wondering how much it will cost if anyone doesn't mind telling us what they paid & which company they used for trip including any airport taxes etc. Cheers.

Adele

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Hi Adele,

You should contact Marcos Tours for a quote (he'll give you a price) marcostours@yahoo.com We did all our tours with him & the price is probably going to be about $400US if not more. He's a great guy , very reliable & was cheaper than the other tour companies when we were there this year. You find alot of people recommending him, have not heard a bad word about him.

Happy travels, Mary

Mid Glam
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Hi Adele,

What date are you going in June, and which hotel are you staying at. We are going on 23rd June and we're staying at The Dunes Hotel.

I've been in touch with Marcos and he quoted me $420 each for the two day trip, I think the one day trip was $320 each. He is coming to see us at the hotel to arrange our trips. The only thing that is concerning me, is the last I heard there was no water at Angel Falls, so my husband doesn't think it is worth paying all that money to go there, which I'm a bit sad about as I was really looking forward to doing the two day tour.

Not to worry, I'm still looking forward to the holiday any way.

Regards,

Wendy

3. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2007, 16:47
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Thanks to all your replies. I have contacted Marcos. I think even if the fall is dry you can still say 'i went there', it looks a fab trip we watched a video of the same trip someone had gone on & posted there home video on this site. It looked like a great day.

Thanks Again

Adele

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Ps: Wendy, we come back from the Dunes hotel the day before you go. Will try & remember to post you a quick review of it before you go.

Adele

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

The 2 day trip is worth every penny - IT IS A MUST DO !!

When we went in March (again with Marcos Tours - cannot fault him) we paid $400us each. This included flights, overnight accomodation and all food and soft drinks.

The Angel falls is only a very small part of the trip. It is only a flypast of about 5 minutes, but the surrounding scenery is well worth a look. The falls were dry when we went, not a drip, but we enjoyed the experience anyway.

The boat trip down the Orinoco, the wildlife (we saw water buffallo and dolphins just to name a few), the overnight stay, the jungle treck, the walk under waterfalls, in fact everything about the trip was very memorable and we are all so glad that we took the opportunity of going while we were there.

Enjoy, you will have a fabulous time in Margarita, we certainly did. I would go back tomorrow, but, the world is a big place and we are now discussing our next adventure!!!

Sue 625

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

I would agree with the other posts and it would be such a shame to go so far and not experience the overnight stay in the jungle and all of the other once in a lifetime things, especially as the difference in price between the 1 day and 2 day trip is tiny for the extras you get.

Mid Glam
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the above, I think you have just persuaded my husband to do the two day tour.

Just a couple of questions for you..........what clothes did you take with you for it, and did you wear trousers to do the jungle treck? Did you have to take your own towels to use after swimming, when I say take your own, I mean did you borrow some from the hotel. The more I read about it the more excited I get.

Let me know where you decide to go on your next adventure, as we will be looking around for something good when we come back off this one, didn't think we could top last years safari in Kenya, but this holiday looks really good as well.

Adele,

I hope you have time to do a quick review before I go, I look forward to reading it with interest.

Regards,

Wendy

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Clothing wise you will definitely need a long sleeved t-shirt and long trousers otherwise you will be eaten alive! You are provided with wellies to walk throught the jungle. For the falls part you need to take your own towels and some footwear with a good grip - sports sandals with velcro straps are ideal.

Mid Glamorgan
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Angel Falls Trip

Hi cls2005,

Thanks for that information, I expect trainers would be alright for going under the waterfall wouldn't they?

Did you borrow your towels from the hotel or from the overnight camp.

Regards,

Wendy

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations