We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants & NIghtlife

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants & NIghtlife

Hey all,

This is not my first trip to Margarita Island, but I am hoping people can give me ideas of a few new places to check out while we are there this time (or even just opions of the below places). For the record, we prefer simple, local style restaurants...our fave so far ha been El Fogonazo...

Restaurants (ones we are thinking about trying)

- La Sierra (La Asuncion)

- Sabor y Brasa "El Tio" (Porlamar)

- Aji Picante (Porlamar)

-Resturant El Ricon de Miguel (Porlamar)

- Blue Marlin (Playa Manzanillo)

Any comments? Suggestions?

Nightlife (we mostly went out in Playa El Agua last time - Woody's (it was ok) etc and Senor Frogs in Porlamar (we HATED it!). We are looking for fun places that play any kind of music except for terrible techno...or anywhere horribly tacky and touristy (not our thing at all!)..we would prefer salsa music....or places that locals would go... but are open to anything

Here are names of places that we have come across, but really don't know anything about:

-Eye Disco (Porlamar)

- Latino's (Porlamar)

-La Terraza (Porlamar)

- Underground Margarita (Porlamar)

- Birras (Porlamar)

Again, commenst? Suggestions?

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

A good place to try if you like good beef is El Vaquero. Not real hard to find on 31 de Julio between La Fuente and Paraguachi on your right as you are heading to the beach. Juan Carlos' wife makes the BEST lemon pie. It is an a la carte menu and everything there is great.

Night life? We usually end up back home with new friends to party. The rest of the places get old after a bit. Music is blaring in your ears and you can not hear what someone has to say.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

Fabulous I will be sure to look for it! Any other suggestions? Iwill be staying in Playa Parguito area just for reference, but we aer willing to travel for good food!

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

There is great Poutine in Montreal.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

Hahaha..indeed there is....however I was thinking somewhere more in of the area of Margarita Island....

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

There is a great lil joint in Robledal that makes the BEST shrimp we have had on the island. Also for fresh fish we eat at a little spot in Pampatar on the beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
727 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

Mr. Z, I am shocked you haven't mentioned Pida Pizza! I'm talking about the Porlamar location and not the one in Playa El Agua.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

Talking about Pizza don't forget "Bella Italia" on the road to Playa El Agua from Porlamar.

In my opinion the best pizzas and Italian food on the Island.

And GREAT prices!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
727 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

Actually, Bella Italia is a restaurant thats worth a visit if you need a pizza fix! I was there last March and found the pizza very good.

Not as good as Pida Pizza though! :)

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

I was going to surprise her with that one. Yes Pida pizza in Playa El Angel is the best pizza I have found here.

10. Re: Restaurants & NIghtlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations