We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

here now

Barlby,Yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
here now

Arrived at Laguna Mar yesterday.

First impressions are all good.

Room good, food fine with plenty of choice.

Staff very friendly as are all the spanish guests, a simple hola or buenos dios is appreciated by them.

Weather is roasting, close to 40c.

Will post a bit more later on if can tear myself away from pina coladas!!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: here now

Hi Kaylum

Dont forget to keep me updated and you and your family have a fab holiday

Enjoy your pina coladas ive only got two weeks to wait till i try them unless you have drank the bar dry lol

have fun!

Tracey

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: here now

The drinks made at the lobby bars tend to be much better than those from the other bars around the resort. They are also served in glassware as long as you drink them in the lobby area. When I was there 4 years ago I made sure I stopped by the lobby bar during the afternoon for at least 1 of their amazing pina coladas! The lobby bars area also a great place to cool down.

Bradford
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: here now

hi just got got bacfk today stayed costa caribe had a fab thime weather lovely a bit bored on a night but ok xx have lots to drink and you wont notice the land cruiser and angel falls fab xx have a good 1 enjoy xx0

Barlby,Yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: here now

Just a quick update for tracey.

Bring highest factor suncream, sun is roasting.

You can change dollars to bolivars quite easily. Bellboy will give you 4000 for big notes. Barman at South tower pool will change smaller notes at 3500.

If you do any trips make sure one is the jeep safari (excellent) but do it in air conditioned landcruiser or you will bake!!!

Best restaurant at resort is beach restaurant at night (italian) or salvatores for lunch. Don,t bother with mexican its rubbish. Buffet ok.

If you go out for a meal try Lobster Grill at Rattan Plaza. Excellent friendly staff and cracking value. 6 of us with drinks and steaks only came to 40 quid including large tip.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: here now

Hi Kaylum

glad you are having a fab time thanks for the update.

Was going to ask about the weather as i have seen mixed reports on the internet.

You and your family enjoy the rest of your holiday we are just counting down the sleeps now

best wishes

Tracey

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: here now

Kaylum - If you want to get out and try a couple of great restaurants, Il Positano (Calle Fermín Con Calle Tubores - (0295) 264,11,10) is a must for some fantastic pizza and to-die-for coconut cake - no AC so evening visits only....but so worth it.

And somewhere a little more special: Casa Caranta, Av. Principal, de Pampatar, 262.86.10

I'm coming on Dec 27....for the 8th time......

7. Re: here now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 11:25
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island