We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
August at Laguna mar

Hi everyone, can anyone please give me a honest review on this hotel. Read as much reviews as we could find but unsure to the food, location of beach, rooms, entertainment etc etc. Have just booked for August next year 2008 with my husband and son who is 12. Are you safe to get around the resort, are there restaurants near by or is it mainly complex based. I would welcome any comments and thank you for taking time out to reply back to me.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August at Laguna mar

Were flying out there on Sunday for two weeks, so we'll let you know what we think when we return!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August at Laguna mar

Lagunamar is a large isolated property with no restaurants nearby. If you were walk northwards along the beach for about 20 mintues you could find some beach restaurants on Playa Guacoco.

The property has two buildings which house the visitors. One building is located at the south end (south tower) and the other is at the north end (north tower) It's about and 10 minute walk between towers. Don't worry about the walk because their is a shuttle bus service. The disco is located in the North Tower. The entertainment stage is located part way between the North and South towers as is the buffet building. There is an outdoor bar next to the south tower which is great for drinks, coffee and socializing. Each tower has a lobby bar which are good for enjoying fancy drinks in a cool environment. There is a road near the south tower which you use to cross the lagoon to get to the beach. You could also walk around the lagoon at the north end.

The resort property is perfectly safe to wander around in.

If you have access to Google Earth you can orientate yourself as to the buildings, pools and beach. There are also some pictures available. If you don't have Google Earth it and want it, just go to google and search for "google earth". In order to use it you will need a fast internet connection.

Here are the coordinates for Lagunamar...

Latitude 11° 1'26.21"N

Longitude 63°48'3.75"W

3. Re: August at Laguna mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island