We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paying for trips???

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
paying for trips???

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to pay for trips? ie; cards, dollars or local currency.. we leave on sunday and cant decide how much in dollars to take!!!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paying for trips???

Most of the trips are priced in dollars & you will also get the best exchange rate for dollars in 50's & 100's.

surrey
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paying for trips???

definitely dollars best way to go .

have a good time

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paying for trips???

I was just about to ask the same question!!! I read somewhere that if you go on the Angel Falls trip that you have to pay by credit card because it includes a flight, but myabe that is only with your rep, so Marcos Tours will take dollars in cash? How do you contact him when you get to resort?

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paying for trips???

Don't know if rules have changed regarding paying for the flights but we booked with Marcos last year when we were there and paid for everything in cash - US dollars - 50's and 100's are best.

I contacted Marcos by email before we left and he arranged to meet us in our hotel lobby to confirm trip dates and to pay. Very likeable and reliable man. Can highly recommend him.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paying for trips???

Forgot to add Marcos email address:

marcostours@yahoo.com

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: paying for trips???

thanks for the answers,I have e,mailed marco and he is meeting us at our hotel on sunday night, to book trips. I know there is many other companies offering these trips(and maybe slightly cheaper ) but have read many recommendations on here about him, i think we may as well go ahead and book with him.Another discision we can forget and enjoy our holiday.. only 4 days and were off!!!!

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paying for trips???

Hope you have a fantastic time - we did last year.

Marcos is a lovely man and I am sure he will meet all your requirements.

Enjoy - and write a report on your return.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: paying for trips???

I am disagreeing somewhat. Don't pay in US $$$$ if only getting the 2.1 BsF/ 1 USD "official rate". In fact, pay in BsF where possible after converting from US $ and the higher "street rate". In March, the difference was almost double your $$$$$.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paying for trips???

US dollar is very good exchange rate for us Brits - almost 2 dollars to the pound at the moment.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: paying for trips???

Sue and others,

Your not getting it!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations