We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hi,

We are due to start two week holiday at Pueblo Caribe on June 2nd, but have just been told by First Choice that refurbisment work is going on there. Evidently it affects some of the rooms and one of the restaurants and kitchen. FC give usually assurances about not spoiling holiday etc. However, I am wondering whether we should try and switch. Anyone know how extensive it is?

Regards,

Paul

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hi Paul we just returned from Pueblo Caribe yesterday we had a fantastic time, want to go back now. The refurbishment is only round the main building round the main pool. You can hear a bit of hammering drilling sometimes, but you get used to it. First Choice do not have rooms in the main area they are in La Cascada area which is much quiter, you will love it. Just having one restaurant and the a la carte didnt really affect us. I am sure you will have a fab time, we are very jealous, if you require any other info just let me know.

Ta

Claire

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hi Claire, i am off to Pueblo Caribe on 17.06.08 did they say how long it would last i guess as it is the main building the large restaurant must be the one that is closed do they still do the buffet meals in the pasta restaurant and breakfast etc. This seems a jinx i went 2 yrs ago and they were building the Isla Caribe then. Cant wait to go miss M.I. like mad when you get it in your blood it is hard to get out take care julie.

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hi Julie, I believe the sign saif the restaurant reopened around the 12th June, so maybe thsi wil be when all the refurb work is finished, I know it said def mid June sometime. We loved it too, so want to go back. Yes they did do the buffet and rest in the Sol Mar the Italian restuarnt and we enjoyed it.

Thanks

Claire

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hi all

i too am off to pueblo caribe on June 30th, just had note in from FC telling me of works and that although they have no firm completion date they anticipate this work to continue till July 1st but the manager will allocate us a room in the cascades block.

one restaurant will be closed for breakfast and lunch but open for evening meals.

the letter is sooooo funny, so full of sales pitches about serious sunbathing, tip top condition to make you want to stay there!!

here's hoping its all ok!: )

Jen

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hey IrishEdinburgh

i am most upset now how come you got a letter and i havn't i go on 17th dont i feel really left out now boo hoo. But i wont fret as long as i am in the La Casada part the bar is open till midnight there not 11pm hic hope all have a good one cant wait just over 3 wks to go

julie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

hey julie

bet you cant wait, I've got just over 5 weeks left to go, am so excited, hopefully we'll get a chance to grab a cocktail with you before you leave!

i was surprised to be honest that we had gotten a letter i only knew from reading on here, hope those rooms are nice :) we also got a letter a few weeks back saying there were also no kayaks now, but think that has also been mentioned on here!

Jen

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

hey julie

bet you cant wait, I've got just over 5 weeks left to go, am so excited, hopefully we'll get a chance to grab a cocktail with you before you leave!

i was surprised to be honest that we had gotten a letter i only knew from reading on here, hope those rooms are nice :) we also got a letter a few weeks back saying there were also no kayaks now, but think that has also been mentioned on here!

Jen

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hi Jen,

Definitly have to meet up in the La Casada the bar is over the bridge over the pool just shout oy boogie 264 and i will know who you are just got our letter today. You lucky so in so they say approx completion date on 01.07.08 boo hoo the day we fly back so you should be fine. I am in my very early 40's and my hubby is a little tubby with dark hair in a pony tail and goatee beard and wears striking hawaiin shirts so you cant miss us the la casada rooms are lovely you get a table with a palm shade on terrace on the ground floor rooms next to the pool and the bar. So if you are hung over it is a short walk to get a coffee as the coffee machine is in that area. Am on major count down cant wait. see you on 30.06.06 Julie

Cheshire
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Hi

My wife and I are staying at this hotel from the 14th July for two weeks. We are very glad to hear of the refirb being finished prior to our arrival. Nice to hear that everyone enjoys it there and we are really looking forward to our holiday.

We are avid divers and will be taking a few boat trips to the nearby diving sites around the "Islas Los Frailes". They pick you up from the Hotel(apparently) and take you on a day trip that costs around $75 and includes food and drink for the day.

If any of you have any other suggestions for excursions etc, please post them for us to see.

Thanx every1 and enjoy yourselves in Margarita.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pueblo Caribe Refurbishment

Maximus also going on the 14th july for 2 weeks.Hope to have a beer or 85 with you at the bar. Jim

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island