We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never again

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Never again

I do not agree with the comment of 'people are more likely to post a bad review rather than a good one'. I would like nothing more than to write a good review for the Pueblo Caribe hotel in El Tirano but I have nothing nice to say. As for making the most of your holiday, that's hard to do when 80% of your holiday is so bad. If you have had a bad experience of a particular country then you are not likely to go back and risk another bad experience. You can't please everyone, but we are all entitled to share our comments and experiences, good or bad.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never again

What was so bad donbri? If there are parts that were so bad then you should relate them as honestly as possible to assist other users to make decisions as to where they should or should't go. I returned from the Pueblo Caribe Hotel 2 weeks ago and although I probably wouldn't return there wasn't a great deal wrong with it.To be fair however we booked a late deal for a fantastic price and we went with an open mind about the place.It was a 2 star hotel at a 2 star price(£579pp).Had we paid the brochure price I think we would've expected more. Hopefully you will have much better holidays in the future.Good Luck.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never again

There is nothing wrong with a "bad review" but as motherwell1991 indicates it should be done honestly. Too many bad reviews are filled with exaggarations and some contain outright lies. These are of no value to anyone. Unfortunately, its difficult to know this unless you've had personal experience. All reviews good and bad should be based on honesty. Personally, I'd like to see some "good reviews" written with a few more negatives!

PS: If I believed "bad reviews" I've read in the past I would have missed visiting some interesting places.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never again

I have posted a very detailed account of our holiday to Margarita on Trip Advisor which should be available in a couple of days.

I wasn't expecting luxury from the Pueblo Caribe, but for the money we paid, which was nearly double to what you paid, I was not satisfied and plan to make a complaint to First Choice.

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never again

Well everyone has a right to complain. I however found very little to complain about when I was on the island last January.

London, United...
Level Contributor
438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Never again

Donbri

I would be interested to see how you get on with your complaint. I was most dissatisfied with my holiday to MI with First Choice, but they really did not care and just brushed it aside. I guess you booked through First Choice - don't expect a satisfactory conclusion.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
862 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Never again

Hi Donbri sorry to hear you had a bad experience i have been to pueblo twice and had no problems it depends on what you expect from a holiday. But to anybody else going to Pueblo Take Note you are booking the cheapest hotel through first choice it is in a sleepy little fishing village it is 2* so very basic this is south america not the carribean as some people expect and service can be as in spain manyana. Everyone makes their own experience just some like it more than others. If you are looking for night life book PLAYA EL AGUA. My opinion for the price charged for pueblo it is good value as 2 weeks varies from£1000 to £1500 for 2 people a.i. 2 weeks just do your homework julie

Corralitos...
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Never again

There is nothing wrong with giving one's honest opinion about a vacation. It is the truth and may help others avoid the same problems or errors.

I have been to most of the Caribbean islands and traveled fairly extensively around the world (big gaping hole in the east). Margarita is a tough place to have a completely easy problem free trip. Its not really that kind of place. Margarita is a tropical island mixed up with all the good and bad of big city living. If you know how to avoid the problems, you will have a super, affordable, fun, "not going so far" vacation. The island has so much to offer. Sports, Nature, Marine activities, Nightlife, Fantastic restaurants, even for the most snobbish visitor...and a lot of very very nice people. It took me a while to figure things out. I would be very happy to steer visitors in the right direction and develop a positive touristic opinion of this island. It brings better folk here. So please do contact me (AmericaninMargarita) on this forum and I will be more than happy to recommend and help.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
862 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Never again

Hi Donbri,

have read your review on Pueblo Caribe and quite understand how you feel having paid £2000 for your holiday whereas normally 2 wk inbetween 1000 and 1500. I must admit that my betterhalf and myself would not pay that much in peak season for 2* hotel, maybe a 3* but having been there twice and a few different place's around the world we found the pueblo suitable for the minimal price. The island we and others found beautiful and the venezualans are new to tourism hopefully you will have better travels next time.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Never again

Hi

Unfornunately I have to take my holidays in peak times as I am a teacher, therefore we always pay much more than if we could go any other time. It is very frustrating to know that if we booked the same holiday when the kids are back to school, we would have paid £500 less. That's another issue that should be addressed with regards to Travel companys increasing their prices in the school holidays. We don't have children which makes it even more annoying. I don't know how families with a couple of kids afford to do it.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
862 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Never again

Hi Donbri,

I can understand how you feel my birthday was yesterday and i would love to go away for my birthday but cannot afford the peak prices. It is about time that the government sorted out things like this for people like you working as a Teacher it is unfair that you are penalised for working in the Education System. Never know hopefully things will change but i can say M.I. i found to be better in the first part of the year.

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island